Used Indydebi's Recipe To Make Cr. Cheese Frosting

Baking By JustToEatCake Updated 16 Dec 2009 , 2:16am by yummy

JustToEatCake Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 7:16pm
post #1 of 3

I remember reading Indy say within a cream cheese frosting posting that she uses her recipe and just substitutes some cr cheese for the shortening. I really had success as noob with her recipe as it was I tried this. Her recipe called for 1-1/3 cup shortening so I added 1 cup shortening and 1/3 cup cream cheese and it is AWESOME. It crusted nicely and tastes GGGREEEAT. I added a tiny bit of coco powder to it because I needed the frosting to be light tan color for choco cupcakes and it was delish (it was delish before the coco powder too). It also has "kept" for 4 days now without refridgeration and it's still perfect. I know because I need to stop eating the leftovers!!!! I had ONE CC for BREAKFAST!!! No really I had TWOOOOOOOOOOOO... icon_cry.gif

2 replies
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 7:58pm
post #2 of 3

Thanks, that is awesome information. I love that recipe, but it never occurred to me to sub some cream cheese for the shortening.

I have a friend that never refrigerates any cake, even when she's told to do it!

yummy Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 2:16am
post #3 of 3

I to use indydebi's bc and love it. Did you stick with the flavorings from the recipe or did you add butter flavoring? How strong of a cream cheese taste do you get by only using 1/3 c?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%