2Nd Cake & Cc Tree Fishing Theme

Decorating By JustToEatCake Updated 8 Dec 2009 , 4:00am by JustToEatCake

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 7:05pm
post #1 of 3

Hi, This is my second cake and it didn't turn out perfectly as I hoped but my Dad was happy and all in all with all the issues I am happy too. This was for a BD party this weekend.
I made the CC tree out of foamcore and cans and long threaded bolt.

The cake topper looks like one piece but actually the boat and men are sitting in front of the setting gumpaste sun (skinner blend sun). I printed off the fishermen from a pic online and cut out the sihlouette (can never spell that word).

My first time making RI and using RI to do the coral (thanks CC cakers who helped with that among other things). I made gumpaste seashells out of a mold I made from a real shell.

The cake is Amazing Choc WASC recipe with ganache. Cupcakes on the bottom are the same recipe with Choc buttercream . The yellow cake is WASC with lemon buttercream. (double the recipe of this recipe makes 60 cupcakes of the 4oz CC pans).

Without further ado...
LL
LL

2 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 3:41am
post #2 of 3

It looks to me like you did a great job on it! I love the topper!

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 4:00am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

It looks to me like you did a great job on it! I love the topper!

Thanks it was bit hard to try to come up with something in a fishing theme without it being a fish on top..but I did contemplate that. I really wanted something that represented HIM and that was as close as I could get icon_smile.gif. Thanks again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%