Huge Piping Tubes I Just Got

Baking By JustToEatCake Updated 9 Feb 2010 , 9:52pm by onlymadaresane

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 3:45pm
post #1 of 38

I just rec'd my order from "bake it pretty dot com" (remove the spaces) and these tubes are HUGE they are at least TWICE as big as Wiltons 1M a 2D. I'll try to post pictures by tomorrow but these things are HUGE. You can't hardly tell from the pictures because nothing to compare then too but my jaw dropped when I opened them. I'm a noob so the pros probably already know about this.

You can see the 1M tip looks tiny beside the big one. All these look huge compared to the largest Wilton ones I could find. Wilton 1m, 2D and 6B I believe are the sizes.
LL
LL
LL
LL

37 replies
JustToEatCake Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 1:41am
post #2 of 38

I guess I am the only one who thought this was a big deal, sorry.

Shannie13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shannie13 Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 1:56am
post #3 of 38

Just wondering but they happen to look like pastry tips, I have a set of both and I know my pastry ones are huge. I hope you aren't too disappointed, I am sure you can use them for something icon_biggrin.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 2:07am
post #4 of 38

Those are big! And we all know that when it comes to tips, size DOES matter. icon_lol.gif

Be sure to post pictures when you get time to try them out.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 2:19am
post #5 of 38

I inherited a bunch of tips just like that -- about nine times bigger than the 2D tip! I still haven't used them, but they are kind of cool! icon_rolleyes.gif

JustToEatCake Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 2:39am
post #6 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannie13

Just wondering but they happen to look like pastry tips, I have a set of both and I know my pastry ones are huge. I hope you aren't too disappointed, I am sure you can use them for something icon_biggrin.gif

No not disappointed I am thrilled! I have been looking high and low for these and I have seen cupcakes done with them on some blogs which led me to the bake it pretty website.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 2:39am
post #7 of 38

Those open star tips are what I use to ice cupcakes.

JustToEatCake Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 2:41am
post #8 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Those open star tips are what I use to ice cupcakes.

Leah I can't wait to try all of them. I have seen CCs iced with them before and they were so cute. Even the plain one it made them look like Dairy Queen ice cream cones..

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 3:52am
post #9 of 38

Holy Hannah! Those are big tips!!

JustToEatCake Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 4:04am
post #10 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

Holy Hannah! Those are big tips!!

icon_biggrin.gif haha That's what some guys say to hot waitresses.. icon_razz.gif

scionmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scionmom Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 4:25am
post #11 of 38

When did Tiger Woods start hangin out on CC??? LOL! I know that was bad sorry... just had to!

sugarjones Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarjones Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 4:28am
post #12 of 38

I'm ordering those right now!! Awesome!

sugarjones Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarjones Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 4:54am
post #13 of 38

Done! Ordered them all, plus some other stuff! Love that site! Thanks for the tip (pun intended) haha icon_smile.gif

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 5:03am
post #14 of 38

wow love the site, too bad its an extra $20.20 for shipping to me! But I so want the closed star tip!

JustToEatCake Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 5:41am
post #15 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sweetheart-

wow love the site, too bad its an extra $20.20 for shipping to me! But I so want the closed star tip!

Ohh sorry it was so much to be shipped to you, that sux but I think you'll have fun with them too! She shipped really quickly to me so you should get yours pretty quick (considering the distance). icon_smile.gif I wanted the closed star tip too but went ahead and got all of them just becasue of the shipping..lol

JustToEatCake Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 5:42am
post #16 of 38

I also wanted to add that I saw on some blog where someone used the french one (the one with lots of spikes) and they covered the whole top of cc with a sort of drop star (1) and it looked like a big hersheys kiss, with ridges...

motherofgrace Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 5:45am
post #17 of 38

yes, I think If I can make a good enough order I will try it!! I have a big list of things I want to get from santa( grandma lol) and I should be getting my special xmas card soon!! YAY!

Send me a PM when you use these please!

motherofgrace Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 5:45am
post #18 of 38

link please!

JustToEatCake Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 3:18pm
post #19 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sweetheart-

link please!

http://flowerflour.blogspot.com/2009/06/strawberry-craze-cupcakes.html
That is one but there is another, I'll see if I can find the link. You can tell these were the huge tips because the swirl is like one go round then the center. Wilton 1M takes me 2 to 2.5 times round, which rings true because I said these tips were like twice as large....I'll def post pics with I use them.

JustToEatCake Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 4:25pm
post #20 of 38

CC member pinkziab says she knows for a fact Planet cake uses the Ateco 809 for their cupcakes. I decided to go look today on the tips I just received and yep they are Ateco 809, 869, 849 and 829. Closed star, open star, plain and french (like open star but has lots more grooves) not in that order.

Oh I found the hershey's kiss shaped one. I think this would look awesome in chocolate too!
LL
LL

JustToEatCake Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 4:48pm
post #21 of 38

Couple more tip pics
LL

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 4:54pm
post #22 of 38

They're all really beautiful and yummy-looking!!!!! icon_smile.gif

delisa01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delisa01 Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 5:14pm
post #23 of 38

I think I NEED those tips icon_biggrin.gif

crl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crl Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 5:17pm
post #24 of 38

I looked at the website and almost ordered the cupcake package and then thought--will I need to buy a special coupler for these tips, or can they be dropped in the bag and used alone? Does that make sense? If so, does anyone have the answer?

JustToEatCake Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 5:39pm
post #25 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by crl

I looked at the website and almost ordered the cupcake package and then thought--will I need to buy a special coupler for these tips, or can they be dropped in the bag and used alone? Does that make sense? If so, does anyone have the answer?

You know I have the huge coupler already and didn't think about it when I ordered them but I think they can be dropped into a bag alone, of course I haven't tried them yet but they have a nice ridge at the top to fit more snugly in the bag. I am also guessing they can because the seller would have sold a coupler to use with them and she doesn't. You could always email her, she's quick to respond.

FYI Her shipping for me was pretty cheap, less than 5.00 but we do live in the same state but opposite ends.

lngo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lngo Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 6:09pm
post #26 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by crl

I have this exact collection of large tips, and they're easier to use without the XL coupler. Just drop the tips into a bag and snip. You'll probably have to cut off more of the bag than you usually do since the tips are so big, but it's doable.

lngo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lngo Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 6:17pm
post #27 of 38

This might help some folks who are curious to see the different swirls the tips can make.
LL

crl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crl Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 6:18pm
post #28 of 38

Thanks Ingo and JustToEatCake. I may be making a purchase very soon.

revskg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revskg Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 6:30pm
post #29 of 38

These are exactly what i have been looking for. Thanks to the OP for sharing this!

egensinnig Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
egensinnig Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 6:47pm
post #30 of 38

I't looks like teh Wilton 1G that I have - or even bigger. I just takes one simple swirl to ice a cupcake and it looks sooooo good! Have fun with you new tips and please show us your cupcakes later

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%