The Princess Mold... (Reposted)

Decorating By marzipandoll Updated 7 Dec 2009 , 5:11pm by MYOM-Dominic

marzipandoll Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 3:30pm
post #1 of 5

Ok I don't know what just happened to my thread. I just replied to Dominic and the whole thread disappeared, at least I can't see it, so apologies in advance for double posting.
This is what I said:

Dominic you are awesome!!! Thanks so much in advance, I am so excited!

Let me answer your questions real quick!
1. The Barbie doll is 4" long, her shoulders 1 and 1/5" and the depth of head (biggest part) is 1".
2. Both sides, she is sitting up on the dragon. (I like a challenge hahaha)
3. Dress and tiara.
4. The cake is due on the 17th and I want the princess ready a couple of days in advance. 14-15th?
5. I can totally take pics for you.

Yes I would like a block mold like the FI molds. But it will be a 3D doll, and she will have to ride the 3D dragon. Her legs can be closed together and I can make her ride the old fashion lady style, both legs on one side. As far as making her a princess, I just want to make the "naked" doll and then I can add the dress (that way it can just fall wherever it has to on the dragon) and tiara. What do you think?

4 replies
marzipandoll Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 4:20pm
post #2 of 5

Just thought of something else. The doll could be just down to her hips. Like, no legs? Would it be easier? And I can add sitting legs or standing legs, or just long dress, that way I can use the mold more ways.
Oh, kind of like the Wilton doll for the dress cake. Head, torso, arms.
Hahah sorry, keep thinking...

MYOM-Dominic Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 4:47pm
post #3 of 5

Marzi,

Why don't we make a mold of the whole barbie? That way you can use the mold for both torso pieces and whole body pieces.

Since we need to get this project done by the 14th/15th., I want you to start making preparations now so that when the CopyFlex arrives, you will be ready to pour. Normally, I like to use Safe-D-Clay when making a two piece mold, but I think we will use fondant to save time. Do you have some extra fondant you can use? You are going to need about a pound or two.

1st Step - take the Barbie and look real close, you should see a parting line running up one side of the doll, over the head and down the other side. We are going to use this line to define the two mold halves that we are going to make.

2nd. Step - Go To - http://www.makeyourownmolds.com/how-to-make-3D-mold. This is a good outline of the method we are going to use to make your mold. I will be changing some things for your particular situation and time requirements.

Marzi, after reviewing this post, let me know if we are good to go.

Dominic icon_smile.gif

MYOM-Dominic Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 4:49pm
post #4 of 5

Marzi,

Why don't we make a mold of the whole barbie? That way you can use the mold for both torso pieces and whole body pieces.

Since we need to get this project done by the 14th/15th., I want you to start making preparations now so that when the CopyFlex arrives, you will be ready to pour. Normally, I like to use Safe-D-Clay when making a two piece mold, but I think we will use fondant to save time. Do you have some extra fondant you can use? You are going to need about a pound or two.

1st Step - take the Barbie and look real close, you should see a parting line running up one side of the doll, over the head and down the other side. We are going to use this line to define the two mold halves that we are going to make.

2nd. Step - Go To - http://www.makeyourownmolds.com/how-to-make-3D-mold. This is a good outline of the method we are going to use to make your mold. I will be changing some things for your particular situation and time requirements.

Marzi, after reviewing this post, let me know if we are good to go.

Dominic icon_smile.gif

MYOM-Dominic Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 5:11pm
post #5 of 5

Ok cool! I wanna order my copyflex how much do I need? Do I need to order anything else or just copyflex. And yes I have a lot of fondant too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%