Fbct Question

Decorating By mray01 Updated 7 Dec 2009 , 4:25pm by Shannie13

mray01 Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 3:15pm
post #1 of 5

ok....now I've figured out what fbct stands for....can someone tell me what this process is? I know butter cream icing & use it all of the time but what is the transfer portion of this? I'm looking to make a Dora b-day cake for my dd who will be 2 right after x-mas & saw one on here that I like but it used the fbct terminology. Can you explain it to me?

PLEASE!!!
Thank you! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
jamiekwebb Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 3:38pm
post #3 of 5

You print out the picture that you want to use. Then tape it to a flat surface ( I use a cutting board) then tape wax paper over it. Outline and do all of the black first then stick it in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. Remove it from the freezer and fill in one color at a time and freeze in between colors (make sure to smooth it out as best as you can). The last part is to put icing the color of your cake all over the back... completely cover it and freeze again. Freeze it until you are ready to use it. Then you simply flip it over and place it on the cake... you made need to do some more smoothing at this point but that is it, you are done now.

Hope that helps, they are really easy when you get used to them.

mray01 Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 4:00pm
post #4 of 5

OMG!! Thank you so much! This looks & sounds so easy! I can't wait to try it!
Thanks again! I sincerely appreciate it!!
I'll be sure to post a picture of my final cake for her b-day party!

Shannie13 Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 4:25pm
post #5 of 5

I wasn't able to follow the written directions, so I had to see it done. This is an amazing video I found on youtube, hope the author doesn't mind me sharing!

I have yet to try it...so good luck!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%