Reshaping Dried Fondant

Decorating By cakenerd1 Updated 7 Dec 2009 , 4:46pm by meenu

cakenerd1 Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 1:55pm
post #1 of 6

Hi there, I made Poinsettia leaves out of fondant which have now dried, I would like to reshape them but they are not bending so well, LOL!! I dont want flat poinsettias!! HELP!

5 replies
alene Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 2:12pm
post #2 of 6

I'm really not sure but you may try putting one in the microwave for a second or two and try that. Maybe someone else will come up with a better solution. good luck

TexasSugar Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 3:20pm
post #3 of 6

I don't know that you can do it once they are dried. Next time, shape them before they dry. You can lay them on flower formers or foil that is crumpled up a little.

jamiekwebb Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 3:48pm
post #4 of 6

Hmmm I don't think that you can do that once they are dry. They will probably break.

anamado Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 3:48pm
post #5 of 6

I only use MMF. In this case, I would put them in a humid environment. For instance, in a big tuppeware, put a wet cloth (with warm water should be better). Put the fondant figure inside WITHOUT TOUCHING the cloth. Close the tupperware and leave it there for a night. Or heat a little a glass of water on the microwave, them place inside the poinsettia and leave both things over night there.

meenu Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 4:46pm
post #6 of 6

Put them in the microwave for about 10 seconds and you should be able to mould them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%