Embossing Letters/words Onto Fondant

Decorating By aussiemags Updated 7 Dec 2009 , 4:20am by sillywabbitz

aussiemags Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aussiemags Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 11:04pm
post #1 of 5

I need to emboss words onto cupcakes. I have 120 cupcakes to do as a favour to school. I don't have the time or the patience to cut the letters out and stick them onto each individual cupcake

It will say Class of 2009.

Whats the fastest and easiest way to do this. Can someone point me in the right direction?

TIA

mags

4 replies
LovelyCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LovelyCreations Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 11:34pm
post #2 of 5

Hmmmm.....Maybe find a stamp with this impression from a craft store and then use a powder color to emphasize the stamped impression.

HTH

MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 1:55am
post #3 of 5

I was also going to suggest a stamp. You can get good deals on a set of Alphabet stamps at Michaels with a coupon.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 4:12am
post #4 of 5

I agree, a stamp will work. The clear plastic ones are supposed to be food safe, the ones mounted on wood aren't. If you buy the clear plastic stamps, you need a plastic block to stick them on. You may be able to find one that has the message you need, otherwise it would take two sets of alphabets.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 4:20am
post #5 of 5

Texas Rose, can I ask where you found out that the clear ones are food safe? I did a ton of research contacting different manufacturers of thsoe clear stamps and none of them would state that they were food safe. I had one contact the plastic manufacturer even and they said they assumed they were food safe but they would not guarentee it. That said I've seen lots of people use them on cakes, I just couldn't get any confirmation from the actual stamp companies. I personally see another cake product for Ateco or Wilton on this one just to guarentee they're safe. I would love to know if they really are food safe because they're such a fun way to get interesting patterns on fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%