Can I Add Choc. To Vanilla Buttercream?

Baking By jadedlogic Updated 7 Dec 2009 , 10:09pm by jadedlogic

jadedlogic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadedlogic Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 9:27pm
post #1 of 6

I have a batch of vanilla buttercream leftover from yesterday that is already colored a light blue - can I add melted choc to it or do I have to make a new batch? Thanks!

5 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 9:40pm
post #2 of 6

Yes, you can add melted chocolate. But make sure the chocolate is not too hot! icon_smile.gif

JuneBug613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JuneBug613 Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 7:41am
post #3 of 6

thanks! ive been wondering the same thing!

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 9:46am
post #4 of 6

It will be ok because its lighlty coloured. If you have a dark coloured bc, I don't think adding chocolate be ok. It might give like black colour.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 2:57pm
post #5 of 6

I tend to view these type of things as "why CAN'T you add it?" Unless you're mixing ammonia and bleach, it's usually a pretty safe experiment. icon_biggrin.gif

edited to add: Look at it this way ... if your options are "can I mix it?" or "Do I make a new batch?" then go ahead and mix it. If it doesn't work, you just have to make a new batch, which was the other option anyway.

jadedlogic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadedlogic Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 10:09pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

edited to add: Look at it this way ... if your options are "can I mix it?" or "Do I make a new batch?" then go ahead and mix it. If it doesn't work, you just have to make a new batch, which was the other option anyway.

Good point! And thanks everyone! It did work out perfectly!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%