People Say The $^() Things

Business By leah_s Updated 11 Dec 2009 , 10:07pm by tanyascakes

leah_s Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 7:47pm
post #1 of 29

We're on a House Tour RIGHT NOW. So far I've heard,

"Are you a chef?"

I'm wearing a chef coat with the name Chef Leah embroidered on it.. The brochure says the house is owned by an artist and a chef. And the greeter at the door says, "the owners are an artist and a chef."

One woman just put her arm around me and said, "Your cakes are beautiful. They're the kind you want to wipe you butt with."

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

I think she meant that the cake went to her butt as in makes her gain weight.

But still . . .

28 replies
reenie Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 7:59pm
post #2 of 29

To add to the humor... I haven't met anyone that didn't like toilet paper! lol I have no idea what the lady may have meant by that.

jammjenks Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 9:35pm
post #3 of 29

How odd. My first thought was that she thinks your cakes look soft and fluffy.

Maybe she thinks the 3-tier ones make her think of 3-ply TP??

cutthecake Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 9:50pm
post #4 of 29

Self-censorship is a good thing. Some people have no clue. I blame this "say whatever's on your mind" mentality on reality TV. Whatever happened to discretion?

adonisthegreek1 Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 9:57pm
post #5 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

One woman just put her arm around me and said, "Your cakes are beautiful. They're the kind you want to wipe you butt with."

Wow, what the heck is an asinine statement like that supposed to even mean? Sorry you had to deal with idiots today.

-K8memphis Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 10:06pm
post #6 of 29

Did you say 'No' when they asked you if you were a chef???

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

That lady needs some serious medication--or she's overdosing--I'm stunned & sorry she said that to you.

What kind of House Tour is this???

leah_s Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 10:11pm
post #7 of 29

It's a Holiday House Tour here in Louisville. I really think the lady just meant that she gains weight when she eats cake. You know, like "I could eat these two doughnuts, but it would be more efficient to just glue them to my thighs, 'cause that's where they'll end up anyway."

Deb_ Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 10:30pm
post #8 of 29

I sure as heck hope that's what she meant............ icon_rolleyes.gif

I love house tours.....do you get the house all decked out for Christmas?

So cool!

Ruth0209 Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 10:33pm
post #9 of 29

That's just a bizarre thing to say. So odd.

summernoelle Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 12:26am
post #10 of 29

Asking if you are a chef could have been a conversation starter even if it was obvious. But the other thing is weird. People are weird.

andpotts Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 12:52am
post #11 of 29

icon_surprised.gificon_cry.gif What did you say back to her?! I just wanted to say thank you for posting this, I have had a bad day and those comments and the responses have made me laugh so hard and I'm in a public place icon_smile.gif Hope the rest of the tour goes smoothly. I just love holiday house walks.

Even if she was implying the weight gain thing, wiping your butt with something... omg lmao, it's like a scene from "The Office"

dawncr Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 3:29am
post #12 of 29

Or, she might have had a little bit of brain damage.

(Not casting aspersions. Happens to most all of us at one time or another. We just don't notice until it's a *big one*.) icon_surprised.gif

leah_s Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 3:44am
post #13 of 29

The Tour was delightful but we're all exhausted. I had a party to go to tonight (professional thing. My name was on the guest list and they'd know if I didn't attend.)

Yes, the house is pretty decked out. 5 trees, evergreen garland, crystal garland, lots of (flameless) "candles." We also spent a lot of time and $ this year getting ready:
new wood floors in the living room, hallway and dining room, new crown molding in those same rooms, new paint, crown molding, countertop, light fixtures in our bed/bath and my office got new paint and a new wood floor.

These things always provide material for stories . . .

Rose_N_Crantz Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 4:05am
post #14 of 29

I can't imagine what I would say if someone said that to me.

Noob question here: What's a House Tour? Is it a Louisville thing? I'm from MN.

Sabre3of4 Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 5:23am
post #15 of 29

Holiday House tours are pretty common here in MO. Same with Garden tours in the summer.
Some charity gets people with historic/expensive/very nicely decorated (mix and match)houses to agree to hordes of strangers coming in and sell tickets for tours. Proceeds go to the charity for whatever.....
My hats off to those that open their houses. I wouldn't be able to do it.....

Sabrina

wespam Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 10:54am
post #16 of 29

Sounds like she had a little too much Christmas cheer trying to keep warm going from house to house. Ha! Pam from Bama

WykdGud Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 1:36am
post #17 of 29

Well, after she wipes her butt with your cake, I hope she washes her hands! LOL!

JenniferMI Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 1:51am
post #18 of 29

OK....... what a strange comment!

LOL

Jen icon_smile.gif

Texas_Rose Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 2:16am
post #19 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthecake

Self-censorship is a good thing. Some people have no clue. I blame this "say whatever's on your mind" mentality on reality TV. Whatever happened to discretion?

I couldn't agree more icon_biggrin.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 2:25am
post #20 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

We're on a House Tour RIGHT NOW. So far I've heard,

"Are you a chef?"

I'm wearing a chef coat with the name Chef Leah embroidered on it.. The brochure says the house is owned by an artist and a chef. And the greeter at the door says, "the owners are an artist and a chef."

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

I think she meant that the cake went to her butt as in makes her gain weight.

But still . . .

I'm sorry, I read that and couldn't stop laughing! Boy can you pick 'em! icon_lol.gif

Hey Leah, on another subject, where's your avatar picture??? I haven't seen it in a while!

cylstrial Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 3:27am
post #21 of 29

LOL! The toilet paper butt thing is seriously weird. And hello - how many times do they have to be told Chef before they get that you're a Chef?

Margieluvstobake Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 7:51am
post #22 of 29

When I make a cake with cream cheese icing, my sister tells me that she just might as well spread the icing on her hips. This lady was probably trying to say the same thing, it just didn't come out quite right.

MichelleM77 Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 4:53am
post #23 of 29

Haven't been on in a while and this is the first post I read. LOL!

You know, I used to work with a girl who had one of those fetishes where you sit in food...her favorite was canned beans. I have no idea what you get out of that...except maybe a rash.

jammjenks Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 4:26pm
post #24 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleM77

You know, I used to work with a girl who had one of those fetishes where you sit in food...her favorite was canned beans. I have no idea what you get out of that...except maybe a rash.

Oh. Dear. Lord.

That's a new one for me. I've never heard of such. I must be so sheltered. icon_eek.gif

sadsmile Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 4:58pm
post #25 of 29
Quote:

tapedshut.gif OOOOh my... eeewww. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
That is very strange! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

andpotts Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 9:31pm
post #26 of 29
Quote:

I honestly didn't think there was much left in the strange dept that could suprise me icon_razz.gificon_confused.gificon_redface.gif Oh my gosh, lol, this whole thread has just made me shake my head and laugh, wow!

mommyle Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 9:48pm
post #27 of 29

OMG!!! I am SO using that one!!! I'm going to start using it for everything!!! "That was so GREAT, I could have wipped my butt with it!!!" I think it's a new catch-phrase!!!

prterrell Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 9:54pm
post #28 of 29
Quote:

I have no idea what you get out of that...except maybe a rash.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

tanyascakes Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 10:07pm
post #29 of 29

I was going to say that maybe she meant they were the "s--t"!!! That is what comes to mind for me! But I could be wrong!! But I really think that leahs cakes are the you know what-lol!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%