Why Do My Cakes Stick?!?!?!

Decorating By ohayr639 Updated 6 Dec 2009 , 6:44am by Rylan

ohayr639 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ohayr639 Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 3:20am
post #1 of 10

I grease the bottom and sides of the pan but it seems like my cakes keep sticking on the bottom. I am using the Wilton pan that makes a heart in the middle and I don't know if that is it or not. . . I tend to be an impatient person so maybe I am not letting them cool enough?!? Any ideas?

9 replies
2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 3:33am
post #2 of 10

You can try a parchment circle, grease the bottom of your pan, put a parchment circle on that, then grease the parchment. Your cake will slip right out of the pan. HTH

caseyhayes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caseyhayes Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 3:43am
post #3 of 10

I use baker's grease. I make up a batch and put it in a coffee can. 1 cup shortening, 1 cup veg. oil, and 1 cup flour. Mix together well. I've never had anything stick.

chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 3:51am
post #4 of 10

i'm lazy and use the walmart brand of pam spray. icon_redface.gif on the subject of being impatient..hehe...i let my cakes sit in the pan for a full 10 minutes before taking them out of the pan. on my 13 x 9 cakes, i pop the bottom to get the sides loosened before flipping them. hth!

caseyhayes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caseyhayes Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 3:54am
post #5 of 10

Yep a full 10 minutes for me too! I even set the timericon_smile.gif I shake the cake around a little bit too.

ohayr639 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ohayr639 Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 3:56am
post #6 of 10

I let them sit for a at least ten minutes too. . . I dunno! I will use the parchment paper in other pans but this one does not have a flat bottom. Thank you all so much!

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 4:02am
post #7 of 10

Same as some of the others I wait about 10 minutes, but not longer than 15 and I use a light coating of Wilton Pan Release, that stuff works wonderfully for me no matter how many creases and crevaces a pan has, I love it! I squeeze some in, and spread it all around, into all of the corners and stuff with a brush.

fat-sissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fat-sissy Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 4:03am
post #8 of 10

Sometimes mine stick no matter what I do. So to save myself the frustation it causes when it sticks, I now just ALWAYS line my pan with wax paper.

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 4:07am
post #9 of 10

I currently LOVE the crisco spray with flour already added. It has been a miracle product for me! Oh, and I leave them in the pans for ten minutes until I can touch the pan with my bare hands.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 6:44am
post #10 of 10

There are just recipes where it will stick to the pan (I've tried tons of cake releases and different methods) especially the really moist cakes. I just line it with parchment paper or wax paper on the bottom.

I only do this on one recipe, but the rest, I just use a a mixture of oil, flour and shortening.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%