Gold Colored Buttercreme Icing

Decorating By lisaklmn Updated 6 Dec 2009 , 4:13am by NannyD

lisaklmn Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 1:18am
post #1 of 9

Help! Good evening all icon_smile.gif I am attempting a cake for my daughters sorority Family Night mixer tomorrow. I am making the Sorority's crest which requires Gold colored icing which I do not have icon_sad.gif and this is pretty much my deput cake after completing Wiltons 1 2 and 3 Courses so I really want this to be a great one icon_smile.gif) any suggestions what colors I can mix to make a Gold color?

Thank you in advance!!

8 replies
icer101 Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 1:34am
post #2 of 9

this is from roland winbecklers flower book.. he starts with bright yellow ICING...ICING now.. not color.... then he adds. a small amt. of red ICING.. then a still smaller amt. of blue ICING..hth

lisaklmn Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 1:39am
post #3 of 9

Wow!! Ok I will definitely do that! Thank you sooooo much!!!!

icer101 Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 1:41am
post #4 of 9

you are welcome. hope it turns out. let us know..ha!

lisaklmn Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 1:53am
post #5 of 9

I will!! The pressures on!!! icon_razz.gif

dynee Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 2:15am
post #6 of 9

I'm sure Roland knows what he is talking about.....but those three colors make brown in equal amounts so in effect you are adding brown to yellow...much easier.

NannyD Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 2:27am
post #7 of 9

I use the golden yellow color and add brown to get desired color.

lisaklmn Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 3:26am
post #8 of 9

Thank you so much everyone for all of suggestions, I cant tell you how much I appreciate it icon_smile.gif

Nanny, I do have Golden Yellow and that was pretty close to Gold but not quite close enough to the color that I needed, but I see what you guys are suggesting in regards to adding a little brown to darken it up a little and that'll do the trick!

Wish me luck!

NannyD Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 4:13am
post #9 of 9

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%