Transporting Wedding Cupcakes

Baking By cakedesigner59 Updated 6 Dec 2009 , 8:16pm by Toptier

cakedesigner59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedesigner59 Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 11:56pm
post #1 of 8

Sorry if this topic has already been covered (did a search on transporting+cupcakes and didn't find anything).
When doing a large amount of cupcakes, how do you best get them to where they are going w/o smooshing them? I have two big sheet cake boxes I was going to use, but don't have a clue how to keep them from bumping into one another. Any suggestions? Thanks! (I am making 60 for a wedding).

7 replies
SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 12:26am
post #2 of 8

there was a thread on the "ghetto" cup cake box, and I tried it and it worked perfectly. It keep them prom moving anywhere!
You use those little condiment cups. Stick them to a cakeboard and then just set each cupcake in it. I think the 1 oz size works just perfectly so you can set the cupcake in it and it will only fit in their halfway,so there is still space for you to remove the cupcake when you get to where you're going.

cakedesigner59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedesigner59 Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 4:40pm
post #3 of 8

can you tell me where to get the cups? In the meantime, I'll search on "ghetto" and see what I get, LOL. Thanks!

flamingobaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flamingobaker Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 5:16pm
post #4 of 8

If you live near a Sam's Club, they will sell their 1/2 sheet boxes and cupcake inserts (which hold 30) for a very reasonable price. I buy a case each of boxes, window lids and inserts for a total of about $50. I THINK they will sell separately, too.

Mme_K Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mme_K Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 5:25pm
post #5 of 8

In this thread:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-586286-.html

AKA_cupcakeshoppe shows how she designed a cupcake carrier.
HTH

tlreetz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tlreetz Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 5:34pm
post #6 of 8

We do a ton of cupcakes for weddings....200-350 at a time. We went to a local grocery store that carries a lot of fresh produce and got about 10 of their low sided fruit boxes. They are very heavy duty boxes. We line them with foil and put the cupcakes in. If you have a full box, they will not slide around and get banged up. We cover the boxes with plastic wrap and away we go. We reuse these boxes, too.

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 5:57pm
post #7 of 8

Mini marshmallows between each cupcake works really well. You can see them in my cupcake photos.

Toptier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toptier Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 8:16pm
post #8 of 8

I made a quick and easy cupcake transporter using a rubbermaid underbed box. I cut a piece of cardboard to fit the bottom, then I used a roll of contact paper which is premarked with a grid, rolled that out against the cardboard and pushed in thumbtacks where I wanted the cupcakes, spacing them out with the grid. You can use a dot of glue or a strip of tape to hold the tacks in place and then pop the cupcake on, they hold beautifully. I do cover the cardboard in contact paper as well so it is easy to wipe down and reuse.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%