Need Your Opinions For Colors..

Baking By verono Updated 9 Dec 2009 , 1:30am by verono

verono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verono Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 11:47pm
post #1 of 12

I'll have an order due for tuesday.. this is the layout.
In the middle, it's a logo cookie but I've "censured" the name for the purpose of the forum...

But they want to be in green, red.. christmas colors... It's fine for the snowcap and the mittens.. but what about the snowflake?
Some gold.. white?
Any suggestion for a great balance of everything..
This layout will be on a round tin box with a window.
Thanks!
LL

11 replies
verono Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 2:02pm
post #2 of 12

Any advice? I'm starting them tonight..

Cecelia1953 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cecelia1953 Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 2:30pm
post #3 of 12

It looks like the snowflakes have a little icing under the flake detail. I'd stick with white - very classic and can't go wrong. But if you want contrast, how about a little silver or very pale blue to set off the white?
Cecelia

verono Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 2:33pm
post #4 of 12

They want the cookies to be in red, green, etc.. so christmas colors.. so that's why i'm asking for advice... like If I put the snowcap red and the mittens green, will it look weird to have white (and gold? or red details?)

Cecelia1953 Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 2:54pm
post #5 of 12

OK, I got it now. I didn't realize that ALL the cookies were to be Christmas red and green. No, I don't think the contrast with the white or gold would be weird. It would look crisp and classic and that seems to be what they want. I still favor white, though, for the contrast color. Unless they asked for gold or something metallic, I wouldn't do it because that might be too much.
Cecelia

verono Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 3:59pm
post #6 of 12

They asked for red and green and I proposed to add white and/or gold because I can't imagine red snowflake ! lol !

So if I do the snowcap red (and white sanding sugar) and the mittens green (and white sanding sugar)...
And then the snowflake could be white with gold?

Cecelia1953 Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 7:06pm
post #7 of 12

Sounds very pretty. Please post a picture of the final result. I'm sure it will look great

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 7:16pm
post #8 of 12

what about doing the snowflake - white on white - but with some green or red details ("glitter" or balls, etc.)?

cookieswithdots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieswithdots Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 3:12am
post #9 of 12

Yes- be sure to post a picture. I'm working on some mittens and hats too. I am going with back and white, I thought it would be really nice. I found white boxes, red and white polka dot tissue paper, and am using tulle for the ribbons and snowmen for the tags. I'll be sure to post my pics as well.

Fun times!
Melissa

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 1:26pm
post #10 of 12

I don't see any problem in icing the snowflake cookie in red or green, then pipe on top of that with white for the actual snowflake. It will look very festive. Think about all the holiday sweaters that are red or black, with white snowflakes embroidered on them.

verono Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 2:03pm
post #11 of 12

I didn't think about...! But now they are white and I need to pipe the details this afternoon... so.. silver? red?
And since my tin are silver metallic, i'll put a very small dragees in the center of the snowflake.. what do you think?

verono Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 1:30am
post #12 of 12

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%