Gourmet Cookie Tins

Baking By ZlatkaT Updated 10 Dec 2009 , 12:04pm by polgara28

ZlatkaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZlatkaT Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 9:57pm
post #1 of 18

I need to make some cookie gourmet tin gifts (about 20), and I am not sure if I should line the tins with a tissue paper, and or wax paper...or not lined them at all (would that be safe?). What would professionals do? Or what would you use?
Thank you

17 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 9:59pm
post #2 of 18

I like lining the tins with colored tissue paper like the kind you put in a gift bag...not sure it is food safe but it sure looks good!Most of the papers etc nowadays are made from recycled un-dyed papers so that is encouraging.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 10:15pm
post #3 of 18

I would line them with food safe tissue or wax paper directly, but underneath of that, you could always do a colorful tissue paper to make it more festive looking...

ZlatkaT Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 10:15pm
post #4 of 18

I like the idea of tissue paper as well...but I am not sure if those cookies would grease the paper, ...lets say would chocolate chip cookies grease tissue paper?? I don't know.

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 10:34pm
post #5 of 18

I'm pretty sure the paper would get greasy, what you can do is put the tissue paper under, then a round (smaller) piece of waxed paper and then your cookies, I think they would look lovely.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 10:37pm
post #6 of 18

I have used cupcake papers and flatten to the size of the cookie to form a cup around them. A few in a stack then nestle them in with the tissue paper. I have also used grease proof doillies made for cakes and the like. I get them a bit bigger and line up the side of the tin as well. HTH

verono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verono Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 10:38pm
post #7 of 18

I'm making corportive cookie box (sugar cookies) for christmas and I'm using "pad" under the cookies like the ones you can find in a chocolate box.

ZlatkaT Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 10:45pm
post #8 of 18

Oh I like the idea of doillies,..why I was not thinking of that? thumbs_up.gif

alliebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alliebear Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 11:08pm
post #9 of 18

i use doilies, you can get some pretty silver or gold ones. they look great and prevent the cookies from just being in the tin.

ZlatkaT Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 11:28pm
post #10 of 18

good ideas here, thank You so much everyone. I will go with doilies.

verono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verono Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 11:49pm
post #11 of 18
luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 2:04am
post #12 of 18

where do you get your tins?

ZlatkaT Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 12:46pm
post #13 of 18

I got my tins from Michaels.

ckdcr8r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckdcr8r Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 7:03am
post #14 of 18

Wilton has Holiday parchment sheets that you can use in the tins. I found them at Michael's. They have a nice festive print and are grease proof. I believe this is the first year I have seen them. There are 50 sheets in the box for I think $6.99. I actually cut circles to fit the bottom of my tins then cut strips to line the inside walls. A little time consuming, but the food is not touching the tin. You could stuff it in there like tissue paper, too, but it is a bit stiffer than tissue and I didn't want the excess. It would be better to use that method in a box.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 8:50pm
post #15 of 18

I saw some at Hobby Lobby - they even said they were food safe. They are 50% off as well.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 10:14pm
post #16 of 18

Found the parchments and fell in love! Thanks for the heads up on that! I found some with little snowflakes that matched my tins with snowflakes and snowmen on them. They look so "professional" with the all matching. I did the stacked tower with the bow on 3 boxes. I have had nothing but praise for the yummies and the packaging. Even had one person swear they had to cost a fortune from a gourmet place in the city! Thanks for the suggestion. It was great to have such a nice compliment. The packaging really makes extra special.

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 7:16am
post #17 of 18

You should post a pic, I'd loved to see the final product

polgara28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
polgara28 Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 12:04pm
post #18 of 18

The dollar tree carries metal and plastic tins as well...hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%