How Much Would I Charge For This Cake

Decorating By Jackal Updated 6 Dec 2009 , 1:12pm by Jackal

Jackal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackal Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 8:48pm
post #1 of 4

Help??? How much would I charge for this beer can cake? I have checked with a few bakeries around here and they don't do these. This cake is 5/ 6inch round stacked with only buttercream inbetween each layer.

I am not sure how to attach my picture please view under my cakes.

thank you,

3 replies
cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 1:19am
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal

Help??? How much would I charge for this beer can cake? I have checked with a few bakeries around here and they don't do these. This cake is 5/ 6inch round stacked with only buttercream inbetween each layer.

I am not sure how to attach my picture please view under my cakes.

thank you,

I personally would charge $40-60 (Canadian) for something like that. But it really depends on your comfort and skill level and why you are doing cakes. Is it a living? A hobby? Some cc'ers would scoff at what I charge and say it doesn't matter WHYI'm doing it. But I'm doing it as a hobby, trying to improve my skills and basically want to recoup my costs (and maybe a little extra). In the past I have emailed my requests to a couple of custom cake places to get a sense what they would charge. It always ends up being at least triple what I charge. But I'm not a professional, can't justify charging that and my customers couldn't afford it! It's totally a personal decision....That's my 2 cents! icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 12:24pm
post #3 of 4

Here's the link to your picture!
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1527255

I would just figure out how many people it serves and then determine a $ amount for each slice.

Jackal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackal Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 1:12pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks everyone, Now I least have a idea on what to charge. When your new at this you don't have a clue!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%