Help! Trying To Use Gumpaste In Cricut

Decorating By sherylshirley Updated 5 Dec 2009 , 4:41pm by sherylshirley

sherylshirley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherylshirley Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 3:55pm
post #1 of 3

I am trying to cut letters in my cricut using gumpaste and I dont know what setting to use on the blade and pressure. The rings on the bar press too far down and cut lines all the way across the gumpaste and the blade wont cut the gumpaste. I read here on the forums to scrub off the sticky on the mat and use a thin layer of crisco and also let the gumpaste dry for a short time before cutting...did that...not work. So...can anyone help?

2 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 4:10pm
post #2 of 3

linda mcclure. the one that came up with this idea.. also.. takes the rollers off of her machine.. she is using the cricut expression.. she says taking the roller off does not affect .. then.. using paper with it again.. she doesnt, want the roller marks in her g/p.. yes, she cleans the sticky off the mat.. any .. markers. she washes really good. and refills them with edible ink.. she shows all this in her dvd... you roll the fondant thin like you do .. when making petals for flowers.. let it set up some.. then she use the blue deep cutting blade with her g/p mixture.. so try some of these methods and see if it does better. again, she cuts the rollers off with scissores.. takes off the sticky side of mat.. etc...good luck. hth whatever maker she uses..she take off the top.. runs hot water thru and thru it. then airbrush cleaner thru it last ..then she refills with airbrush colors . the same as she cleaned out..

sherylshirley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherylshirley Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 4:41pm
post #3 of 3

WOW...THANKS FOR THE TIPS. I will definetly get her dvd.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%