Vent And Storage Question..please Help

Decorating By music77 Updated 5 Dec 2009 , 4:00pm by KHalstead

music77 Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 3:36pm
post #1 of 3

I am so mad/sad. My sister in law asked me to make my nephews birthday cake. I had already told my son I would make him a birthday cake for the same weekend. I enjoy making and decorating but I am no where near professional, and I get stressed because I want my cakes to be "perfect". My husband has told me to stop making free cakes because it is so much work(and expensive too) and I spend so much time upset because something isn't working right. Anyway, once again I said sure I would love to make a free cake for you because I am stupid and naive thinking that my family really appreciates me. I spent three days "sculpting" a dragon head for my sons cake and then quickly finished the body so I could get started on my nephews cake too. I was dissapointed in the finished product but my son loved his cake so that turned out alright. I was up till midnight with my sons party and starting the cake and cupcakes for my nephew. I then get up at 5 am to finish decorating the cake. At 8:30 am I get a phone call, they have to postpone the party because my brother is sick...have I started the cake. I mean come on, do they not realize the time and effort that goes into a cake. They wanted it done by 1pm for the party! So now they want me to make another one next weekend. I said I have to work next weekend so that would be impossible. They want me to freeze it. I made a small pirate face and 30 cupcakes...Can I freeze these? What steps can I take so that they taste the same next weekend? Any help would be apreciated. TIA sorry this is soo long, I am just really frustrated.

2 replies
jillmakescakes Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 4:00pm
post #2 of 3

give the cake to them and if they want to freeze it, so be it. Why should you give up your freezer space?

If they don't want to do that, tell them they are out of luck as you are too busy next weekend.

KHalstead Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 4:00pm
post #3 of 3

there was a thread yesterday on exactly this "Can I freeze a decorated cake" was the name of the thread.......and people had very succesffully frozen even completely covered fondant cakes with flowers and even gumpaste accents in some cases and they all came out perfectly!!

Cupcakes DEFINITELY freeze really well, if your pirate face is just buttercream (definitely freezes nicely)if it's fondant...you might have luck like others have!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%