Cake Board - Covering?

Decorating By MomNSons Updated 5 Dec 2009 , 3:19pm by Kitagrl

MomNSons Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomNSons Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 4

Can I cover a cake board using foil wrapping paper? I am hosting a Winter One-derland Party for my son's 1st birthday and wanted to cover the cake board with snowflake foil paper.

3 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 3:13pm
post #2 of 4

You can cover it with whatever you like! Then I just have a regular cake board under the cake itself and attach it to the wrapped board with carpet tape.

missymayflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missymayflower Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 3:15pm
post #3 of 4

That's a really cute idea for a first birthday, but the foil wrapping paper probably is not food safe. There are a few options though. You could cut waxed paper or parchment to exactly the same size as the cake, so it doesn't show, and have that between the cake and the wrapping paper. Or you could cover the wrapping paper with Saran wrap, pulling it very tight so it is completely smooth. Either way you still have the snowflake wrapping paper showing. Hope this helps.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 3:19pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymayflower

That's a really cute idea for a first birthday, but the foil wrapping paper probably is not food safe. There are a few options though. You could cut waxed paper or parchment to exactly the same size as the cake, so it doesn't show, and have that between the cake and the wrapping paper. Or you could cover the wrapping paper with Saran wrap, pulling it very tight so it is completely smooth. Either way you still have the snowflake wrapping paper showing. Hope this helps.

If you put a board under the cake like my post above, the cake never touches the board so you can cover it with pretty much anything...wrapping paper, florist foil, fabric....anything. Anyway if you don't, its hard to cut the cake without pulling up bits of saran wrap or wrapping paper as you serve it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%