You're Kidding, Right?! (Rant)

Decorating By saberger Updated 5 Dec 2009 , 4:03pm by Cathy26

saberger Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 2:36am
post #1 of 8

Why would I provide a tasting for a pull-apart cupcake cake that costs less than $100?! Even less than $50?! Instead, I have to be professional and say, "If you would like to order a small cake or cake truffles to preview my flavors, then that can be arranged." But I would rather say " icon_confused.gificon_eek.gif Are you serious?"

People never cease to amaze me. Sorry, I just needed to get that off my chest. $%#& icon_mad.gif

7 replies
JenniferMI Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 3:21am
post #2 of 8

I would do a tasting, but would charge them. All you have to say is cake orders under xxx amount are charged a tasting fee. I don't think that is unreasonable at all.

Jen icon_smile.gif

Deb_ Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 3:48am
post #3 of 8

ditto Jen.....

ladyellam Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 4:02am
post #4 of 8

Jen hit the nail right on the head.

saberger Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 12:40pm
post #5 of 8

oohhhh....good idea. Didn't think of that. Thanks for sharing that!

cylstrial Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 2:22pm
post #6 of 8

Definitely - if it's less than $100, just charge for the tastings. I bet you will see a lot of people backing off! LOL! They just think they are getting free cake!

saberger Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 3:32pm
post #7 of 8

So how much to charge for a tasting? Usually I freeze cake scraps for truffles...should I start making a couple of cupcakes as well?

Cathy26 Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 4:03pm
post #8 of 8

i use cupcakes for tastings for wedding cakes. i dont do anything special to them but if a bride asks for a tasting then i make a cupcake next time im making that flavour of cake with a spoonful of the batter and then stick it into tje freezer until i have one of each flavour and then stick a little frosting and a fondant circle on each and thats it sorted.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%