Please Help Me With These Design Issues!!!

Baking By krissycupcakes Updated 5 Dec 2009 , 2:56pm by deMuralist

krissycupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krissycupcakes Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 2:36am
post #1 of 4

ok so heres the story..... my old boss who taught me everything i know and is still a good friend is turning the big 30 and his wife asked me to make his cake. this is the problem she expects a wow from me so this cake has to be great its for the week before christmas (cause im not planning on being busy icon_cry.gif !!! but the cake is for him and his twin brother my boss loves sports alllllll sports and they both like music his brothers big into music and then his wife said what about a dough boy because hes a baker and likes the dough boy......... so now what do i do size does not matter there not having a bog party but i dont care how much left over i just wanna make his something amazing. please help me figure out what to do how do i put it all together?

3 replies
TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 1:33pm
post #2 of 4

Hi Krissy - This is showing up in the Cookie Forum. You might want to try the Cake Decorating Forum. As a cookier, my thought would be to put decorated cookies on the cake, so I am not much help. icon_rolleyes.gif

kathyran Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathyran Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 2:27pm
post #3 of 4

You could do a music themed cake with a dough boy playing an electric guitar made out of mmf. Since he has a twin you could make two dough boys, one with the hat for the baker and the other with hair for the twin.

deMuralist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deMuralist Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 2:56pm
post #4 of 4

extending on that idea...topsy turvy where their sports are represented on the tiers, and have the baker dough boy and the music dough boy rock climbing to the top-sort of like a race, as I am sure they must be competitive. Music dough boy could have a guitar slung across his back. Of course if music brother doesn't bake he might should be decked out as a rock musician instead.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%