Nervous...excited....anxious..

Business By Tomoore Updated 5 Dec 2009 , 3:31am by JenniferMI

Tomoore Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 11:09pm
post #1 of 3

A close friend has been talking me up to someone with substantial disposable income looking to invest...a meeting between myself and this person may be happening very soon. So, my dear friend has force me to get off of my behind and stop talking about turning my cakes into a real biz.

I am not worried about the amount of work involved. I currently work 55-60 hours per wk in a pretty labot intensive job. I also average about two cakes a week for my personal clients (sry, my photos or blog are not very up to date. Most pics are on facebook). I'd rather put those 60 hours to building my own biz. I have worked in foodservice management for many yrs. Still, I understand that this will be like a whole new world, which both thrills and terrifies me.

Anyway, the point of the post is to ask how you got started with researching what you would need in the way of a kitchen. I feel unsure of where to begin. I want to start to work on a comprehensive list of what I need and what it will cost in the way of supplies, materials, equipment, and physical space. Where do I look to determine what spaces are available and at what cost? I am not looking to open a storfront...I want a kitchen with enough space for me and possible one other decorator to work and a small seperate office to also serve as meeting space with clients.

I am in the DC Metro area (MD)
Help?

TIA,
Toni

2 replies
milmil95 Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 11:17pm
post #2 of 3

I know there are several threads in the business forum on this topic. Sorry I'm not much help. I just wanted to say Good Luck and Congrats on your opportiunity!!

JenniferMI Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 3:31am
post #3 of 3

Start at the top, all states can be different in rules. Contact the health dept. of dept. of agriculture.

My very best wishes to you -

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%