Urgent - Fondant/gumpaste Cracked!!!

Decorating By hails Updated 4 Dec 2009 , 9:38pm by hails

hails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hails Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 8:56pm
post #1 of 6

Hi guys I really need your help, I made a baseball cap with fondant and gumpaste mixed together. The hat looks great but now the front has cracked as I moved it, how can I fix that I don't have any eddible glue nor time to get some is there any way to bond those cracks. PLEASE say there is. Thank you for your time and have a super day!!!!

5 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 9:03pm
post #2 of 6

the first thing that comes to mind is to try and fill them in with some royal icing tinted to the same color............are they big cracks?? Are they right in the very front?

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 9:17pm
post #3 of 6

Don't know much about gumpaste and fondant, but can you rub a little shortening over the crack and try to push it back together, then somehow smooth it out? maybe the mixture just dried out a little bit.

hails Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 9:18pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you for your time, it is actually cracked on the side of the bill so I am afraid that the more I move it the bigger the crack will get and perhaps break off. I have put a little water on the crack in hopes that it will act like a glue but I am not sure if that is the solution.
I love your profile picture, have a Blessed day

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 9:27pm
post #5 of 6

Make your own gum glue! Just soften some fondant w/water enough to make a soft dough and rub it over the cracks. If necessary, you can cover the whole cake like that but mostly concentrate on the cracks.

hails Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 9:38pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you so much, I will go do that now, have a great day!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%