Edible Image Sheets - Music Cake

Decorating By Mommomcakes Updated 7 Dec 2009 , 6:17pm by JodieF

Mommomcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mommomcakes Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 8:19pm
post #1 of 7

Customer would like a 3 tier cake with sheet music wrapped around one of the tiers and pictures in between...I'm a newbie so I would really appreciate any advice you all have. They have confidence in me...now I need help icon_wink.gif

I thought edible image but the sheets I got in are quite thick and they do not come off the back paper well at all. May I ask where you all get yours or do you use something else? My business is set up, have a vendor's license, would love to order stuff wholesale, if possible.

Thanks so much for any advice! icon_smile.gif

6 replies
fat-sissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fat-sissy Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 2:25pm
post #2 of 7

If you put the frosting sheet in the freezer for a minute (actually it doesn't take that long), they will come off the paper easily.

Mommomcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mommomcakes Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 3:32pm
post #3 of 7

Thank you, I will try that! Do you use rice paper or edible image sheets? It seems the edible image sheets I bought are off colored.

fat-sissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fat-sissy Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 8:54pm
post #4 of 7

Edible images. I've never played around with rice paper.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 1:28am
post #5 of 7

Rice paper (aka: wafer paper which is the proper name for it.) is not as flexible so image frosting sheets would be better for what you want to do.

EdibleSupply-Com Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EdibleSupply-Com Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 5:23am
post #6 of 7

Rice paper is too thin and edible ink is very easy get through so no a good choice, some of printer having a hard to to pick up the paper and printer it.

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 6:17pm
post #7 of 7

The cake in my avatar was made with a Mozart chocolate transfer. I've actually used them on several cakes. On the wedding cake I used them for the bride and groom were a Air Force band musician and a music teacher. There were several guests "reading" the music off the cake and humming it. icon_biggrin.gif

Jodie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%