Would Anyone Make Sandra Lee's Kwanzaa Cake?!

Lounge By CeeTee Updated 8 Dec 2009 , 3:28am by Joyfull4444

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 8:54pm
post #61 of 64

The holiday sounds very meaningful. Don't blame the holiday for the cake!!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 9:05pm
post #62 of 64

That cake is a piece of garbage.

KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 12:58am
post #63 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylan

Knowing that she is not a cake decorator, I find that her cake is not bad.

If I never knew how to decorate cakes, I'd probably make a cake that would look like that. I'd also be proud if I did.

I like Sandra Lee and her touching background.

Not dissing her cake decorating skills but the concept of a cake infested with corn nuts, barely chocolate cinnamon frosting and apple pie filling.

Having said that since her show has testers and assistants and writers, you'd think they'd research and test their material before airing it. Or maybe they deliberately choose cake wrecks. Those wrecks do get people talking and puts the show out there. There is no such thing as bad publicity eh?

Joyfull4444 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joyfull4444 Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 3:28am
post #64 of 64

Well... In Ms Lee's defense, even tho I've never watched her show, she did use the proper colors and amount of candles that go on a Kawanzaa Kinara display..

And.. Corn cobs are used in a Kinara display to honor the children in the family.
And.. S Lee did use corn nuts (even tho she called them acorns) and corn nuts do come from corn cobs..
I figure Ms Lee didn't want to bother with a bunch of corn cobs for this particular show as corn cobs might have been scarce at the time, and she chose to use the corn nuts instead..

And.... A Kinara always has fruit included in the display too from what I've been reading.
So... that would sorta explain why she used the apple pie filling. Easier than putting out a bunch of fresh fruit...

Her beigh-ish icing is kinda like a few of the pics I found of Kinara's on google so that's maybe why she made it the color she did with the choco and the cinnamon? Heck, maybe she found the same pic I did to go by!

Here.. Have a peek

http://www.kwanzaalights.com/ksetting.gif

Anyways.. Thats my take on Sandra Lee and her forever more, famous Kawanzaa cake!! icon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%