Can U Freeze A Cake With Pudding In The Filling?

Decorating By erilay Updated 7 Dec 2009 , 4:30am by erilay

erilay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erilay Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 7:45pm
post #1 of 5

I just want to freeze it for 3 days. The cake has pudding in the filling. I want to carve it but the pudding is wat to slippery. I have another cake so it needs to go in the freezer for 3 days until I am ready for it. Is this ok or will it get ice crystals or become weird? THanks so much.

4 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 8:29pm
post #2 of 5

It will be fine in the freezer.

erilay Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 11:50pm
post #3 of 5

I took the cake out after 3 days. The filimng looked ok, but it had absorbed into the cake by about 50%. and the cake was soggy. I am sure it would have tasted great, but I did not feal like it so I scraped it out and did biutter cream.

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 12:29am
post #4 of 5

I've had success with freezing cakes with pudding in the middle as long as the pudding didn't contain cornstarch. Cornstarch makes it lumpy.

erilay Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 4:30am
post #5 of 5

It was snack packs non-refrigerated, pre-made pudding.

I am sorry I meant to say I did not feel like risking it... not that I did not feel like it.. lol - I need some sleep. I had 3 BIG cakes this week and today was the last...

The cake was for a friend. She wanted pudding , but after I called she said it was ok to change it.
Also I forgot to say I was carving the cake into a football. This I am sure did not help the situation. I was going to use the football pan at first but when it did not work I had to carve. I would have never said ok to pudding had I known I was going to have to carve something.

Thanks for the help.
I guess it sounds like I could have just left it. I might have if I did not have to carve as well. It survived the carving, but all that moving around probably pressed the pudding into the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%