Below Goal Weight

Lounge By Maydo Updated 9 Dec 2009 , 6:47pm by just_for_fun

Maydo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maydo Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 6:36pm
post #1 of 20

Hooray! I am below my goal weight, although I cheated beacuse I've been sick. I am hoping I can at least stay at my goal weight!
I HAD to tell someone and it couldn't be someone I knew I case, well, you know!!!

Now... what to wear to DH's Christmas Party ???!!!! I have CHOICES!!!

19 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 6:38pm
post #2 of 20

Congratulations!!!!!!!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 6:56pm
post #3 of 20

Congrats! Have an awesome time picking out your clothes!!

I'm at my lowest weight ever since purberty hit, even though I still have more weight to lose, I have a better relationship with clothes now. No more formless hanging clothes.

mightydragon663 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mightydragon663 Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 9:59pm
post #4 of 20

yea for you!!!!! icon_lol.gif

Maydo Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 4:49am
post #5 of 20

Well, now that I am not sick and can eat, the scale says I am 2.5 pounds over goal. Do I have to return the bracelet I bought for the party? Sigh.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 5:09am
post #6 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maydo

Well, now that I am not sick and can eat, the scale says I am 2.5 pounds over goal. Do I have to return the bracelet I bought for the party? Sigh.

No! Keep the bracelet!! Jewelry makes you look thinner. icon_biggrin.gif

And it's a tight rope walk for me --I can loose weight like crazy--but I cannot keep it off unless I stay on the food tightrope that's apparently been dipped in melted butter strung high over a vat of potato chips--same old song huh. sigh

But most of all I'm glad you're feeling better!!!

TexasSugar Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 2:46am
post #7 of 20
Quote:

No you earned the bracelet.

You won't say an exact weight, since there are many things that factor into your weight. Instead of trying to be a solid 130 try to stay with in a 5lbs of that range. That way you won't drive yourself crazy every time you aren't that exact weight and it gives you a wiggle room. Plus as you see the numbers creep closer to the higher number you will know it is time to refocus your efferts and make sure you are continuing the healthy habits that got you where you are now.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 2:58am
post #8 of 20

like rain clouds....

water comes and goes ...

and water weight can fluctuate SEVERAL pounds in as a little as a day!

----

TexasSugar hit it on the head -- you have a target around which you "hover".

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 3:50pm
post #9 of 20

Congrats! That's awesome! I need to lose about 10 lbs.

TexasSugar Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 4:45pm
post #10 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

and water weight can fluctuate SEVERAL pounds in as a little as a day!

Like Doug said. If you weigh in the morning and in the evening you will see your weight be higher in the evening by atleast 2 or 3 pounds.

If you haven't had alot of water, your body will be dehydrated and will actually hold on to any water you give it. Also if you eat something really salty that can make you retain water as well.

I've been working on losing weight for several years. It is definetly an up and down process. I am currently 30-35 pounds less than I was 4 years ago. There are some times I'll track my weigh through out the week, and let me just say I can totally understand why they tell people who are trying to lose weight not to weigh every day. The numbers bounce all around the place.

Be proud of what you have accomplished and don't forget the healthy habits that got you there. They are the key to keeping the weight off. icon_smile.gif

ShelleyMJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShelleyMJ Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 5:14pm
post #11 of 20

Congratulations on your weight loss. Keep that bracelet. A pound here and there is normal fluctuation.

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 1:39pm
post #12 of 20

Congratulations! I'll be honest - I'm jealous... I've been working out almost 2 hours 4 times a week for 4 months, and I haven't lost a pound, but I am about 1 size smaller, so 2 1/2 lbs is nothing to worry abuot. You earned the medal!

TexasSugar Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 2:46pm
post #13 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_for_fun

Congratulations! I'll be honest - I'm jealous... I've been working out almost 2 hours 4 times a week for 4 months, and I haven't lost a pound, but I am about 1 size smaller, so 2 1/2 lbs is nothing to worry abuot. You earned the medal!

Sometimes it isn't about the numbers on the scale. If you have lost a clothes size you have lost inches, which means you have made great progress. icon_smile.gif

just_for_fun Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 6:06pm
post #14 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

Quote:

Sometimes it isn't about the numbers on the scale. If you have lost a clothes size you have lost inches, which means you have made great progress. icon_smile.gif

That's what I've been told - I feel and look so much better, so I don't bother to weigh myself anymore.

Maydo Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 6:45pm
post #15 of 20

I agree, congrats to you for loosing a size. That is great.
I was thinking- if you loose one more size- that is 2 sizes! I know that sounds very obvious, but that is quite an accomplishment. More than numbers.

You are working out a ton! 2 hours a day! What are you doing?
Will you be able to keep that up?

I should have posted on the other thread to start but I didn't see it. I have a workout room in my basement. I use home DVDS and even VHS.

TexasSugar Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 6:56pm
post #16 of 20
Quote:

That's what I've been told - I feel and look so much better, so I don't bother to weigh myself anymore.

That is the most important thing!

just_for_fun Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 11:44pm
post #17 of 20
Quote:

You are working out a ton! 2 hours a day! What are you doing?
Will you be able to keep that up?

I go to the gym: elyptical 20 minutes, treadmill 20 minutes, stationary bike 20 minutes. Weight machines & free weights 20 minutes. Swim 20 minutes. shower, sauna, changing 10 minutes. walking to/from gym 10 minutes. I have a babysitter for 2 hours. I love it, I would do more cardio, but no time. Of course, I built up to this time, I started at under 1 hour total. And with my doctor's approval, of course!

Maydo Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 5:21pm
post #18 of 20

I eny you! 2 hours! We have no $ for a gym or a babysitter. I work out downstairs.
I usually workout at nap time. By time I workout, nap is over (he only sleeps 40-90min)! I go NO TIME to myself other than than excersice.
Last Sat I went to work out since my husband was home... got 30 min in and one of the kids came down to report another was throwing up... I actually contimplated letting my husband deal with it all himself and finish the workout! I felt a snippet of selfishness, I mean, my daughter was throwing up and I was upset!
Sometimes they come with me and play. I have a ton of stuff for them, I even moved a big plastic play thing with a slide.

It isn't perfect but it works in our budget. I so wish I could have the freedom you have! Sound likeheaven... I bet it makes the rest of your day much better to have in the workout and SAUNA!!!!!!!

TexasSugar Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 5:42pm
post #19 of 20

DO NOT FEEL SELFISH FOR WANTING TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF! With out your health you aren't any good to your family, and mental health is just as important as your physical health. You have to make yourself a priority, because no one else will.

This is why alot of parents end up getting in the situations where they are over weight because they put everything else above them. Moms, I think, are especially worse about it. You focus on the kids and your husbands needs then you come last and there are only so many hours in the day, so in the end your needs don't get met at all.

Sounds like you are a stay at home mom(?) if so, then take advantage of your husband when he is there. It won't hurt him to spend 30 mins with the kids so you can work out.
It will make you happier and in return that should make him happier right?

Discuss it with your husband and get him on board. Maybe every other day he can get the kids ready for bed so you can spend that time working out? Also don't forget there are things you can do with your kids that can be a work out as well. Bike riding, walking, playing tag in the back yard, turning on some music and dancing. I'd also bet if you looked online you could find some work outs to do that involved your children so that both of you could benifit from it. You get the work out and they get the time with you.

While gym memberships are nice because they do get you away from everything so that you can focus on working out, they only work if you have the time and money to do them. I've thought about it for myself and I have put it off so far because I knew that with my schedule I'd never make it there and I'd be wasting the money for the membership. You can still get a good work out at home using small, affordable equipment.

just_for_fun Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 6:47pm
post #20 of 20

i am really cutting back on so many things to be able to afford this. I don't have room in my house for any equipment. When my son is awake, he really does not let me do anything, so his naptime is supper cooking, cleaning up after breakfast, laundry washing time. I realized that everyone and everything was coming before my needs. I was getting really angry about my weight. So I found a babysitter who has kids my son's age, so he plays there and wants to go as soon as he wakes up. So there's no skipping any days, he won't allow it. At first I felt selfish but even my kids noticed that I'm not so tired anymore. Hubby loves tjhe "new" me, he says i'm so much happier and confident. So we all win.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%