How Should I Write The Message??

Decorating By ajmccray Updated 4 Dec 2009 , 5:07pm by Darthburn

ajmccray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajmccray Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 12:27pm
post #1 of 7

I did this purse cake for a 13 year old girl. It's my first one and I am thrilled with how it turned out. I made a lipstick and a nail polish to go along with is and I'm trying to decide how to put the Happy Birthday Courtney! message. I'm thinking a fondant plaque? Any creative ideas for a shape of the plaque to go along with the theme of the cake? Thanks for your help!

Angela
LL

6 replies
Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 12:53pm
post #2 of 7

Great Job - it's adorable! As far as writing, I'd say write on the board. You can't possibly write on the cake (atleast I don't think so).

RebelChick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RebelChick Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 1:02pm
post #3 of 7

Also, you could use pink to write with and make it look like it was written with the lipstick!

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 3:30pm
post #4 of 7

She said ^^^^ what I was thinking.

bellabakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellabakes Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 4:20pm
post #5 of 7

Aw cute cake! Maybe make a little hand mirror and write in on that, like lipstick on the mirror? Just a thought.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 4:35pm
post #6 of 7

I would definitely put it on the board because the board looks a little empty..............AMAZING job for your first purse cake...................hope I'm this lucky the first time I try one!!

Darthburn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darthburn Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 5:07pm
post #7 of 7

I like the mirror with lipstick idea! Make a small hand held mirror to fit the empty space on the board and write it in "lipstick'.
Awesome idea you ladies have.
I would have been stuck. It would have ended up with a carburator or something on it.

Hand clap for all of you icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%