Is This Scary??

Decorating By ajmccray Updated 5 Dec 2009 , 8:01am by SugarNSpiceDiva

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 9:22pm
post #31 of 37

Oh that looks great! Not that your first attempt was horrible or anything, but this version is much softer looking. I'm sure they will love it!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 9:38pm
post #32 of 37

Awesome thread!...lol..I love the chiclets idea!..haha
Edna icon_smile.gif

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 9:45pm
post #33 of 37

Funny! You never know about children and how they will react. I was recently at a carnival where the daycare owner and an employee dressed up as Barney and Elmo...Kids watch these characters every day, but they were running and screaming all over that place. The guy in the Elmo suit was about 6 foot 2 and my 3 year old daughter said "Elmo is BIGGER!" i agree, the improvements to the clown face have made him friendlier.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 3:10am
post #34 of 37

I would make a few minor changes as suggested, it's adorable.

Jen icon_smile.gif

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 6:25am
post #35 of 37

Nice save, Angela!! As FromScratch said, the first attempt wasn't horrible but I much prefer the end result.

That's really interesting about not being able to read clown faces, Spuddysmom. Maybe that's part of why so many people fear clowns.

mim1106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mim1106 Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 6:39am
post #36 of 37

LMAO at LaBellaFlor! I felt the SAME way when I saw him! HATE clowns!! Maybe it was the Stephen King movie that got me when I was a kid. The cake looks better now, though!

SugarNSpiceDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarNSpiceDiva Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 8:01am
post #37 of 37

I'm not sure why I opened a post that said "is this scary!" When I saw the picture, I thought I was going to crawl into a fetal position!! (OP, not because of your cake. It was cute.........but it was a clown. lol)

SO SO SO SO TERRIFIED of clowns!! icon_redface.gif I'm glad I'm not the only one!

For me, it was Stephen King's "It" plus some other older movie about killer clowns from outerspace or something like that.

The cake did come out incredibly cute.....even though it was a clown. lol. You did a really good job.

My family laughs at me being so scared. When my first daughter was born, my mom bought her a crib mobile of guess what??? CLOWNS!! Needless to say it got stuffed into the BOTTOM of the outside trash can, so they couldn't come back and get me!! icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%