How Do I Make This Cake?

Decorating By Tammies_Cakes Updated 5 Dec 2009 , 9:27pm by celestecakes78

Tammies_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tammies_Cakes Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 2:19am
post #1 of 6

Hi all,
First of all I would like to thank the person that the attached photo belongs to. Sorry have had the pic saved for a while couldn't rem who it belongs to. Ok here is my questions. I want to make the attached cake, but i want to use black ribbon, would grosgrain ribbon work? how do i attach it to the cake? also i am gonna use the diamond impression mat i have ordered from sugarshack and the buttercream dvd. servings are not a issue gonna make this for my daughters 19th birthday and have never made a stacked cake, so would like to get some practice with this one.as far as the size cakes which would look better, 12"&10", 12"&8", 8"&6"?any other sizes look good together?
Thanks,
Tammie
P.S. I need to make this for next sat. the 12th.
LL

5 replies
DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 2:32am
post #2 of 6

There is a tutorial on here about everything you need to know to stack a cake. Do a search for that. Grossgrain ribbon will work. You can attach it with some buttercream or scotch tape. I think 12 and 8 would be nice sizes, depends on how many people you want to serve.

momdalejr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momdalejr Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 2:33am
post #3 of 6

Thank you! This is my cake and I attached the ribbon with bc icing. This is a 10" and 6" cake.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 5:28pm
post #4 of 6

To stop the grease (from the buttercream) seeping through the ribbon, you can cover the back of the ribbon in clear contact paper.

Beautiful cake MomDaleJr.

Tammies_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tammies_Cakes Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 6:51am
post #5 of 6

Thank you all very much. will post pic of finished cake.
Tammie

celestecakes78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
celestecakes78 Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 9:27pm
post #6 of 6

This is a really pretty cake! I like the idea of doing the 12" and 6" or the 10" and 6" the space between them really gives alot of attention to the center of the cake where the bow is.Hope this comes out great thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%