Shipping A Cake

Decorating By hpcakes Updated 4 Dec 2009 , 4:47pm by KHalstead

hpcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hpcakes Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 2:15am
post #1 of 2

Hey everyone I was wondering is there a way to ship a cake that has fondant or buttercream on them? I have two brothers and both stay in different states from me is there anyway to ship a cake to them without it getting spoiled or damaged? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Momncakes icon_biggrin.gif

1 reply
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 4:47pm
post #2 of 2

definitely I've shipped several cakes (all iced in fondant, haven't tried bc too scared lol).......anyhow, I put a collar of parchment directly around the fondant and taped it to itself so it went all the way around the side of the cake, then cut a circle for the top (it was a round cake) Then put another cake board on the top of the cake (in the even the box gets tipped it will help support the top of the cake).........then put the cake into a bakery box, filling in all around the cake with wadded paper towels so the cake didn't shift in the box (I literally shake the box), I put them on the top of the cake too so the lid fits down snuggly without squishing the cake.

Then I put packing peanuts into the bottom of a bigger box and put the bakery box with cake down inside, then fill in on all sides with the peanuts, again putting some on top too (the main idea is to keep the cake box from moving around inside the bigger box) , having it double boxed aids in keeping the cake safe. If someone dents the box, there is a buffer zone between the main box and the cake, keeping the cake safe............hopefully!!

I've shipped several cakes this way and all of them arrived in perfect shape! HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%