What's Wrong?????

Baking By cindycraig Updated 4 Dec 2009 , 4:19am by cindycraig

cindycraig Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindycraig Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 10:01pm
post #1 of 7

I baked NFSC and used Antonia's RI- and they looked great yesterday. Today, however, my red has little black spots in it! I used Wilton no taste red because that's all I had....I have 50 more cookies to decorate tonight...what do I need to do differently??? icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

6 replies
cindycraig Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 11:19pm
post #2 of 7

I guess this hasn't happened to anyone else....any advice at all before I start on the rest of these cookies??????

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 11:31pm
post #3 of 7

I'm no expert by any means but my first thought would be to mix up the color...then, allow it to set several hours or overnight even(if time permits that is) then, restir. If that didn't work, and I was unable to acquire any other colorant, I'd probably just say...it is what it is(and what it is I don't know) and leave it at that(if it didn't have to be that design with that color, I'd entertain the thought of doing a different design and/or color)

cindycraig Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 12:30am
post #4 of 7

Thanks- they are Christmas cookies, so I'll go heavy on the green. It's just very strange. Hopefully the other colors will be different.

all4cake Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 1:19am
post #5 of 7

Are there flecks showing up in the bowl/container of red icing as well?

all4cake Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 1:27am
post #6 of 7

found a thread where some have had the same problem...

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-618494-red.html+icing

cindycraig Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 4:19am
post #7 of 7

YAYY! Thanks so much! I'm just thrilled that it's not just something wacky that I did. I'll beat the fire out of my RI next time and see how it turns out. I am serving these cookies tomorrow night at a cookie swap at my house. I really wanted them to look beautiful...but there are worse things. Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%