Advertising On The Worth It?

Business By Nchanted1 Updated 5 Dec 2009 , 3:34am by JenniferMI

Nchanted1 Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 9:53pm
post #1 of 8

I am thnking of listing on the knot website. It's $120 a month. Is it worth it? There isn't anyone in my county listed at the moment, and most of the bakeries that are there are major players. They've all got storefronts. I am only a humble legal home baker.

All advice appreciated.

7 replies
costumeczar Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 10:10pm
post #2 of 8

I did it for a while and got nothing from it, but some other people have had a lot of success with it. It might be worth asking if you can have a trial, and not signing a contract until you see how it pans out.

LaBellaFlor Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 10:33pm
post #3 of 8

I do not personally advertise on the knot, but I know many vendors who have and didn't see their money. Now, I'm sure there are some who have had success with the Knot, but I think you need to ask yourself first, can you afford $120 a month for the Knot advertising.

Just another note, as Costumczarina said, she doesn't advertise on the Knot, but still received the baker of the year for our area on the Knot.

CakeForte Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 1:06am
post #4 of 8

Any advertising you do is a crap shoot. The knot will point brides in your direction, but that's it.

I was with them for 4 years and it worked for me, but I still had to earn the business from the potential prospects.

Kitagrl Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 1:11am
post #5 of 8

I tried for 6 months and wished I could have gotten my money back....didn't work for me at all.

PinkLisa Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 1:20am
post #6 of 8

I've been debating whether or not to advertise on The Knot. I've heard such conflicting stories. I guess it depends on your area and your business. It is a lot of money monthly.

MnSnow Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 3:40am
post #7 of 8

With cheaper/free advertising available, why spend money you don't need to?

I am signed up with Eventective and get several leads per day. Yes, I pay per lead, but at the cost of advertising on the knot, I can buy alot of leads and have success.

I think you need to decide if you want to fork out that much money..$1440.00 per year is alot of hard earned money. If it's something that will fit your current needs, then go with it...if there are other alternatives that feel more comfortable, then you need to explore them.

Basically it's like trying on a pair of shoes. You got to find ones that fit and are comfortable and of course look cute! icon_wink.gif

JenniferMI Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 3:34am
post #8 of 8

All you can do is try it....

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%