Witty, Quick Idea Needed Urgently! (As In Tonight!)

Decorating By shebaben Updated 4 Dec 2009 , 3:13am by shebaben

shebaben Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shebaben Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 9:32pm
post #1 of 9

Doing a Sweet 16 birthday cake for tomorrow; it's WASC and is all planned and on its way. BUT, the mom is a chocoholic - asked if I could make it partly chocolate for her. I've decided just to do a small separate chocoloate and fudge cake for the "surviving parents of a 16 year old". Help for a really cute, witty, speedy idea for it??? (they're good friends...) Thanks! PAT

8 replies
patrice2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patrice2007 Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 10:06pm
post #2 of 9

I would make some brownie pop's with the wilton silicone mold...dipped in chocolate/white. That will give her....her chocolate fix. Maybe some sprinkles to match the colors of birthday cake, arrange in a pot to look like a bouquet of flowers.

Lambshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lambshack Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 10:17pm
post #3 of 9

How about making it look the crash test dummy head? Or something similar. Maybe a very large credit card from "Bank of Mom and Dad" with personalized info on it.
Good luck! I think that is a very thoughtful idea!

DessertFirstCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DessertFirstCakery Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 10:22pm
post #4 of 9

Would a bottle of valium be too much icon_wink.gif Very thoughtful of you to make a cake for the parents too! Hope whatever you do turns out great!

sugarjones Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarjones Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 10:33pm
post #5 of 9

You could make it into a giant aspirin!! That would be pretty easy and super funny!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 10:46pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan

You could make it into a giant aspirin!! That would be pretty easy and super funny!

LOLOLOL!!! You can't beat that for quick, easy, AND accurate.

obabassa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
obabassa Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 10:46pm
post #7 of 9

How about a few chocolate cupcakes with the same design as the cake. Cupcakes are quick and easy and it something Chocolate for the mother without too much work

endymion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
endymion Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 10:52pm
post #8 of 9

"16.75 years of parenthood & counting...."

shebaben Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shebaben Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 3:13am
post #9 of 9

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Y'ALL ARE FANTASTIC!!! What great ideas! I think I['m going to combine the credit card and the 16.75 years and maybe a pill, too...as the card's logo maybe. It looks like it's going to be a simple 9x13 - I can't believe I just made a plain old boxed mix - haven't done that in years! icon_sad.gif But, I already made this once tonight - stupid me, on autopilot, am thinking to myself that it didn't look like quite enough batter - halfway through baking I realized that I forgot to put the eggs in it! icon_redface.gificon_cry.gificon_redface.gif) At least I'll make a yummy hot fudge icing to hide the mixed cake! SOO, it's plan B for me! Thanks again for all the ideas - CCers are the best! PAT

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%