Witty, Quick Idea Needed Urgently! (As In Tonight!)

Decorating By shebaben Updated 4 Dec 2009 , 3:13am by shebaben

shebaben Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 9:32pm
post #1 of 9

Doing a Sweet 16 birthday cake for tomorrow; it's WASC and is all planned and on its way. BUT, the mom is a chocoholic - asked if I could make it partly chocolate for her. I've decided just to do a small separate chocoloate and fudge cake for the "surviving parents of a 16 year old". Help for a really cute, witty, speedy idea for it??? (they're good friends...) Thanks! PAT

8 replies
patrice2007 Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 10:06pm
post #2 of 9

I would make some brownie pop's with the wilton silicone mold...dipped in chocolate/white. That will give her....her chocolate fix. Maybe some sprinkles to match the colors of birthday cake, arrange in a pot to look like a bouquet of flowers.

Lambshack Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 10:17pm
post #3 of 9

How about making it look the crash test dummy head? Or something similar. Maybe a very large credit card from "Bank of Mom and Dad" with personalized info on it.
Good luck! I think that is a very thoughtful idea!

DessertFirstCakery Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 10:22pm
post #4 of 9

Would a bottle of valium be too much icon_wink.gif Very thoughtful of you to make a cake for the parents too! Hope whatever you do turns out great!

sugarjones Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 10:33pm
post #5 of 9

You could make it into a giant aspirin!! That would be pretty easy and super funny!

LaBellaFlor Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 10:46pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan

You could make it into a giant aspirin!! That would be pretty easy and super funny!

LOLOLOL!!! You can't beat that for quick, easy, AND accurate.

obabassa Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 10:46pm
post #7 of 9

How about a few chocolate cupcakes with the same design as the cake. Cupcakes are quick and easy and it something Chocolate for the mother without too much work

endymion Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 10:52pm
post #8 of 9

"16.75 years of parenthood & counting...."

shebaben Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 3:13am
post #9 of 9

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Y'ALL ARE FANTASTIC!!! What great ideas! I think I['m going to combine the credit card and the 16.75 years and maybe a pill, too...as the card's logo maybe. It looks like it's going to be a simple 9x13 - I can't believe I just made a plain old boxed mix - haven't done that in years! icon_sad.gif But, I already made this once tonight - stupid me, on autopilot, am thinking to myself that it didn't look like quite enough batter - halfway through baking I realized that I forgot to put the eggs in it! icon_redface.gificon_cry.gificon_redface.gif) At least I'll make a yummy hot fudge icing to hide the mixed cake! SOO, it's plan B for me! Thanks again for all the ideas - CCers are the best! PAT

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%