Okay I Give Up - What's Sps?

Decorating By cloetzu Updated 4 Dec 2009 , 10:14am by BlueP

cloetzu Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 7:07pm
post #1 of 8

okay I give up - what's SPS?

7 replies
bashini Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 7:29pm
post #2 of 8

Hi there, SPS stands for Single Plate Seperator. Its for stacking cakes. Here is the link on the instructions,



LaBellaFlor Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 7:39pm
post #3 of 8

Very good for big cakes! icon_smile.gif

BlueP Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 8

i just dont understand what "dowel" is, (not english native speaker)

deijha Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 8:55pm
post #5 of 8

"dowel" is a term used for round peice of wood . You usually find them at a hardware store or like a lowes or Menards and they come in differnt sizes like 1/2 inch, 1/4 inch,etc. and are usually 3 feet long.
Jeanne in Ohio

BlueP Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 7:09am
post #6 of 8

thanks a lot!, I understand now icon_smile.gif Have yet another question: "crumb coating"..is it covering edges of cake with buttercream?

bashini Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 9:35am
post #7 of 8

Hi, its a thin layer of buttercream that you put on the cake. And let it set, or you can put it in the fridge. And then put another layer of buttercream, but this time a bit thick.

Hope this one helps,

BlueP Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 10:14am
post #8 of 8

videos are great, thanks indeed

Quote by @%username% on %date%