I'm New Here :)

Decorating By mjmcclure Updated 4 Dec 2009 , 3:31am by mjmcclure

mjmcclure Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 6:18pm
post #1 of 16

Hey everyone, I'm new to this site, but i must say.. I love it already! I just recently got into cake decorating, and have only made few cakes so far. I made my second gumpaste and fondant figure this week and i wanted to share it with everyone! Haven't decided what kind of cake to make to go along with it, any suggestions? Thanks!
LL
LL

15 replies
Stephi1 Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 6:25pm
post #2 of 16

Nicely done! You have a great talent. Keep up the good work.

fluffylady Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 6:26pm
post #3 of 16

very nice, SOOO cute!

mjmcclure Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 6:58pm
post #4 of 16

Thanks guys!

dkltll Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 7:13pm
post #5 of 16

OMGoodness! He is absolutely adorable!!!! Maybe a cake w/ icy mountains or something where he can be joined by his equally adorable friends. Welcome to CC! You will most everyone here to be friendly & extremely helpful! Let us know when you have made the cake for this little cutie.

mjmcclure Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 7:33pm
post #6 of 16

Thanks, The icy mountains sound great... not sure if i'm that talented yet.. lol, I'll definitely keep you posted.

Darthburn Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 8:24pm
post #7 of 16

Ok, you RECENTLY got into cake decorating... and this is your SECOND figure.... and you're not sure if you're THAT TALENTED to do a icy mountain cake?? Sheeesh.. icon_biggrin.gif

That penguin is excellent! A cake would be a breeze for you. Great job! thumbs_up.gif

dkltll Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 8:37pm
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthburn

Ok, you RECENTLY got into cake decorating... and this is your SECOND figure.... and you're not sure if you're THAT TALENTED to do a icy mountain cake?? Sheeesh.. icon_biggrin.gif

That penguin is excellent! A cake would be a breeze for you. Great job! thumbs_up.gif

My thoughts exactly. I also looked at your blog & you are being much too modest. thumbs_up.gif

Wiltonlady Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 8:44pm
post #9 of 16

Welcome.

What kind of cake? We should be asking you what kind of cake to make, you've got quite a God given talent.

p.s. you've come to the right place to hone your talent.

Love2BakeCakes Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 8:45pm
post #10 of 16

Blessings --- I too am new to CC. I have only been a member for a month or less. I absolutely love what I have learned from this site thus far and I love seeing the magnificient work of others. The cakes are beautiful. But I have to warn you ... "Be careful because you will find that this site is very addictive! You will find that you will put off doing important things because you are so engrossed in this site! (LOL) But what a great thing to be addicted to I must confess!

Lita829 Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 8:51pm
post #11 of 16

Its adorable! Welcome to CC...you'll absolutely LOVE this site icon_biggrin.gif

Manotas Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 9:12pm
post #12 of 16

Hi welcome to this wonderful place. I am new here too and new to cake decorating and it is amazing the amount of knowledge that is shared in this site and see the work of all these amazingly talented people is just great.

Quote:
Quote:

But I have to warn you ... "Be careful because you will find that this site is very addictive! You will find that you will put off doing important things because you are so engrossed in this site! (LOL) But what a great thing to be addicted to I must confess!

This is so true! I should be concetrating in my work BUT here I am icon_wink.gif

xoxoxo

Manotas Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 9:14pm
post #13 of 16

I forgot to say that your work is amazing! You are SO talented!! I can't wait to see your cake

mjmcclure Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 9:50pm
post #14 of 16

Thank you all so much for the nice comments! I really appreciate it. This whole cake decorating thing is something i kinda just stumbled into, and i'm loving it!! I'm so glad you all liked my little cutie penguin icon_smile.gif I will definitely post my finished cake!

Peridot Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 9:59pm
post #15 of 16

mjmcclure....I also looked at your blog - after reading your blog I think you know that you are talented. Cute penguin.

Love2BakeCakes - I looked at your cakes - very nice cakes - keep up the great work. I like the red shoe!!

mjmcclure Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 3:31am
post #16 of 16

thanks to all for welcoming me to the site today... I'm already addicted icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%