Ugly U_G_L_Y Topper On Your Wedding Cake In Cakewrecks!!!

Lounge By sadsmile Updated 4 Dec 2009 , 8:45pm by crazeyhair

sadsmile Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 5:54pm
post #1 of 9

There was a post a long time ago about ugly wedding toppers. There was someone who didn't want to put the topper on because it would not look good on the cake they were making...

You must remember the topper with the Groom and Bride standing apart with a pillar in between them...?

No, oh then maybe uncoordinated flowers of every kind on the craft isle and butterflies and fairy wings rings a bell?

The groom figure was also holding a bouquet...

No ... oh yeah the MOG made it and the Bride hadn't seen it yet. Yeah you remember the one!

It made a grand appearance in Cake Wrecks Cherry Blossom heading on Wednesday.

Guess what... she, you(the decorator) was right! Hey whoever you are(I wish I could remember) go tell them you didn't make that monstrosity because they are giving you(the baker) full credit.

8 replies
__Jamie__ Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 5:58pm
post #2 of 9
__Jamie__ Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 5:59pm
post #3 of 9

You know what sucks though (now that I am reminded of the back story)....just who submitted this picture? Surely not the bride....icon_biggrin.gif

Texas_Rose Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 6:13pm
post #4 of 9

I saw that yesterday and thought about that post about the topper a while back too icon_biggrin.gif

cylstrial Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 7:04pm
post #5 of 9

LOL! That's hilarious as usual!

mkolmar Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 1:45am
post #6 of 9

Oh no. I remember that thread. She was right, the topper did make her cake ugly. Hope she sees this and writes in since it looks like they say it's the baker who made it.

Bec005 Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 3:01am
post #7 of 9

That was the thread posted by crazeyhair.

sadsmile Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 7:16pm
post #8 of 9

Yes that is her! Thanks I just sent her PM.

crazeyhair Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 8:45pm
post #9 of 9

sadsmile -

Thank you so much for letting me know that my cake made it onto cake wrecks and that they think I made that hideous topper. I will email them asap and remind them of the story I sent them when I sent the picture icon_smile.gif I do have to say that I am honored to have my cake on the site even if it had that sinful topper on it, I thought the cake turned out great - especially since it was my first wedding cake. BTW - it was the MOB that made it and surprised the groom - I thought he was going to faint or explode. Oh the memories....

Thanks everyone for your support, comments and laughter icon_smile.gif You are the best!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%