Another Pricing Question.....cupcakes For A Wedding

Decorating By cathie_shinnick Updated 3 Dec 2009 , 8:31pm by cathie_shinnick

cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 5:45pm
post #1 of 5

I postd in "cupcakes" but no replies, so Im posting here.

I just received an e-mail for wedding cupcakes instead of a wedding cake. I charge $3 -$5 a serving for my cakes depending on difficulty and time etc. How do I price the cupcakes? Is there a base price per cupcake and add for decoration. I need to give an answer and an approx. price quote.
Thanks

4 replies
-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 6:08pm
post #2 of 5

People generally price the same as per cake serving. So if you'd charge $3-5 for a cake serving, you'd charge $3-5 per cupcake, depending on flavour, complexity and design.

My cupcakes start at $2.25 each (which is pretty cheap around here) and goes up depending on what goes inside and on top.

Some people hate doing cupcakes; personally, I like them.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 6:49pm
post #3 of 5

I'm with Tubbs..I start at $2.50 per cupcake basic BC swirl.If they want fondant accents or fondant covered it goes up from there.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 7:06pm
post #4 of 5

I actually did answer your post in the cupcake forum! I didn't realize there was another post on the subject!

cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 8:31pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you , I personally would much rather do a cake, but if this is the brides choice, Im not going to pass up on a wedding. At least I now have something to tell her. Thanks again

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%