What Do I Need From Santa?

Lounge By confectionsofahousewife Updated 4 Dec 2009 , 3:56am by andpotts

confectionsofahousewife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionsofahousewife Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 3:38am
post #1 of 15

I am sitting here making my christmas list and am trying to think of cake related things to put on it. I have basic things (set of round pants, fondant and gumpaste tools, fondant cutters, ummm... other small things I can't think of right now). Things I have already added to my list: magic line square pans, extruder, airbrush, pasta machine. What things do YOU think I should have? icon_biggrin.gif

14 replies
cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 4:00am
post #2 of 15

I made sure Santa is putting a clay gun in my stocking! icon_biggrin.gif

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 4:33am
post #3 of 15

An Agbay! An Agbay! An Agbayanagbayanagbayanagbayanagbay!!!! icon_wink.gif

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 4:46am
post #4 of 15

emiyeric you beat me to it! I saw the post and I thought Agbay, at least that's what I need Santa to bring me. I just can't justify the cost. Hobby baker, but man I want one.
If you really want stocking stuffers, sprinkles...extra spatulas fun cupcake liners...extra decorating tips, I now have 4 or 5 or my fav tips.

Big stuff, magic line pans because those add up quick. I got a whole punch of the SPS pieces last year from xmas and that was really nice because now I jsut have them on hand when I need them.

alene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alene Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 4:51am
post #5 of 15

I'm thinking now about the new Cake Stacker coming out. Maybe I want be so scared to make a wedding cake if I had one of those. icon_smile.gif

emiyeric Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 5:15am
post #6 of 15

Sillywabitz, I'm a hobby baker too, and said the exact same thing to myself for months. But I used to spend such a stinking long time torting and leveling the cakes, and it's done in two seconds now ... since it's all done in my spare time, and I don't actually get paid for my time, it's made a wonderful difference to me icon_smile.gif. Absolutely worth every penny ... but I agree, it's a lot of pennies icon_wink.gif.

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 5:30am
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by alene

I'm thinking now about the new Cake Stacker coming out. Maybe I want be so scared to make a wedding cake if I had one of those. icon_smile.gif

What is this, do share, CC is where I get all my info on "gotta have" products!

confectionsofahousewife first I love your name icon_smile.gif second here's the stuff that was/is on my decorating Christmas wish list this year: (I've decided I need to learn fondnt icon_smile.gif )

Projector, Airbrush, compressor, Sugarshack DVD's (fondant & stacking)*, Dragees, full set of square Magic Line pans, Linda McClure Cricut Cake decorating DVD*, Cricut Personal cutter*, Luster/Disco dust, Vinyl Mat & PVC pipe for fondant, Makins Clay extruder gun*

The items with stars I couldn't wait and already bought myself over the last month or so icon_smile.gif

iwantcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iwantcookies Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 5:55am
post #8 of 15

i too am curious about the cake stacker. Do tell!
also agree with the Agbay. i'm saving my precious pennies for one icon_biggrin.gif

i would also luv a set of these cutters

http://www.jenniferdontz.com/viewproduct.php?itemid=cut044

but thats just me icon_razz.gif

alene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alene Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 6:02am
post #9 of 15

andpotts, There is a thread on this subject but here's the web-site for a demonstration. Sorry, I don't know how to attach the file.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 6:14am
post #10 of 15

Definitely an Agbay. I'm sticking with SPS - would expect anything else? I like disposable.

crumbcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbcake Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 6:39am
post #11 of 15

Alene, Thanks for posting Cake Stackers, I was not aware this was available, a great item! I have to check out their site to see how much it costs.

confectionsofahousewife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionsofahousewife Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 1:20pm
post #12 of 15

Yay! Keep sharing. I know there are goodies out there that I never knew existed. Questions...

What's an agbay??

andpotts: How do you use a PVC pipe for fondant?

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 2:47pm
post #13 of 15

A gift certificate to your favorite cake decorating related store/website - then you can get exactly what you want icon_smile.gif

emiyeric Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 3:22pm
post #14 of 15

Confectionsofahousewife, an Agbay is the world's coolest cake leveler/torter EVER! It's made by the Agbay family, so it's only available through their Web site; there are several kinds, where you can slice the the cake once or double, and I believe you can adapt the single slicer to make it a double if you buy an attachment later. I used to use the Wilton leveler. I believe my Agbay is the single greatest thing I think I've done for myself since starting all of this, and like I said, it was not exactly cheap - but worth every penny. It takes me all of five minutes to level and torte six layers. SO NICE!!!!

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 3:56am
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by confectionsofahousewife

andpotts: How do you use a PVC pipe for fondant?

People have said to get a good sized piece of PVC pipe to use as a super fondant rolling pin, cheap and effective icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%