First Fondant Figures

Decorating By snowcone Updated 3 Dec 2009 , 2:30pm by cylstrial

snowcone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowcone Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 1:12am
post #1 of 8

My daughter just turned 8 yesterday but her party is this Saturday. She has notified me that she wants a Christmas themed cake with a big tree and Santa, ect. We will be having her party at the roller rink and so I have come up with the idea of having a big Christmas tree as the cake on top of a roller rink with little figures skating. I just spent 5 hours building these little guys. What do you think? It is my very first time with fondant figures. I have used water to "stick" the pieces together, but is that strong enough or are my poor little people going to start coming apart as soon as I move them? TIA
LL
LL
LL
LL

7 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 1:22am
post #2 of 8

Wow, those are great!!! I can't believe they're your first figures, they're just amazing icon_biggrin.gif

I usually use a little tylose and water mixed together to glue fondant or gumpaste, but you can use meringue powder and water if any of the parts come off as you're moving them.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 1:34am
post #3 of 8

Like Texas_Rose, I use Warm water with a little tylose added for my glue. I think the water will work for you and the figures should be fine. Great job by the way! Very, very cute! Careful though, modeling is addictive! icon_biggrin.gif

Cristi-Tutty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cristi-Tutty Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 1:49am
post #4 of 8

oh how cute...my son's b-day was yesterday too..one year old... happy bday to her!!! and your figures are so beautiful!!!!

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 1:20pm
post #5 of 8

sooooooo cute! love the lil skates on'em. Happy Birthday to your daughter!

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 1:27pm
post #6 of 8

those are too cute-love the expressions and the reindeer is hilarious!!

muddpuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 1:55pm
post #7 of 8

adorable!!! Great work!!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 2:30pm
post #8 of 8

You're little figures look great! Santa is my favorite!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%