Anyone Found A Mixer That Can Make A Double Batch Of Nfsc

Baking By sunnigirl Updated 8 Dec 2009 , 11:51pm by toleshed

sunnigirl Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 3:35pm
post #1 of 14

I can't afford a small Hobart in the $2000 range. I am wondering if there is anyone out there who has a mixer that can mix a double batch of NFSC
and incorporate all the flour.
I have researched KA (pro600 & pro line)and Cuisinart(7qt) but based on
reviews at different sites, I am not convinced that either can handle it. icon_confused.gif

Does anyone have any experience with any of these and large batches of cookie dough?

tks

13 replies
CookieD-oh Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 4:12pm
post #2 of 14

I just made a triple-batch of rolled sugar cookies in my shiny new KitchenAid Pro 600 (thanks to my super-cool best-ever DH) , and it had no problems at all. My cookies have 4 1/2 cups of flour per batch, and the NFSC has 6, so you should be ok with a double batch in this mixer. (The Hobarts are pretty sweet, though...I was looking at those before we got the KA ... just too spendy.)

edit for typo...oops

prterrell Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 6:50pm
post #3 of 14

I have made the NFSC as a double batch in my 6qt KitchenAid Pro. It *just* fit. The dough was climbing up the paddle at the end, but the cookies rolled and baked fine (see cookies in my pics, they are from this batch of dough). In the end I decided it would be easier just to do 2 seperate batches so I wouldn't have to worry about flour getting everywhere, but if you really need to do 2 at one go, it can handle it, just add the flour very carefully and push the dough back down every time you add more flour. Switching to the dough hook towards the end may help with that.

Wish I could afford a Hobart, too!

cookiemookie Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 10:41pm
post #4 of 14

I have a pro 620(limited edition) and pro 600. Can't successfully double it in either one without making a serious mess!

So at this time of year I use both.

Kitchen Aid needs to come out with an 8 quart mixer for home use!

TracyLH Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 12:07am
post #5 of 14

icon_lol.gif CookieMookie - I have been pestering KA for a 8 - 9 qt. The Hobart would be a dream, but I can't justify it at this point. Before purchasing my KA Pro 600 I looked at the Cuisiart as well. Their bowl shape did not get good reviews for mixing cookie dough. I do a regular batch of a NFSC variation in my Pro 600 and wonder if you could do 1 1/2 batches. At least that might help out a bit. I do have a second bowl and that helps things move a bit faster.

iwantcookies Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 1:35am
post #6 of 14

you guys are so lucky, we don't get the pro 600 here in Australia! I emailed them about it, but they said they have no plans to bring it here... icon_cry.gif

loulou2 Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 1:48am
post #7 of 14

I can hardly wait for Christmas because I am getting a KA 600!! Hubby has the picture, coupon for % off at Bed, Bath & Beyond and color choices. Do I need to more specific? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

ButtacreamRose Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 2:37am
post #8 of 14

Just bought one on Amazon for $249.99 a pro 600 Whoo Hoo. But they only come in meringue.Can wait to see if I can do at least a double batch of NFSC.

sunnigirl Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 2:41pm
post #9 of 14

Cookiemookie & TracyLH,
I too contacted Kitchenaid and asked if they would be doing a larger version stand mixer. Evidently they are getting lots of comments but just not listening.

Now my hubby is going to be disappointed because he had big plans to get me another mixer. (that would have taken care of knowing what to get me for Christmas) I have an artisan right now.
Not sure if I can justify the price if I can only do a 1 1/2 batch size of NFSC.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

rosiecast Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 9:29pm
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtacreamRose

Just bought one on Amazon for $249.99 a pro 600 Whoo Hoo. But they only come in meringue.Can wait to see if I can do at least a double batch of NFSC.

I got one too and I was unsure about the color, but is actually nice. Almost white but wiht a matte finish.

sunnigirl Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 3:29pm
post #11 of 14

Anyone have any experience or know anyone with the Electrolux DLX 2000?
It is a little pricey but has a 8qt bowl and so far I have only seen good reviews.

pinkflower1212 Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 3:50pm
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnigirl

Anyone have any experience or know anyone with the Electrolux DLX 2000?
It is a little pricey but has a 8qt bowl and so far I have only seen good reviews.

Here is a link I found that has a few reviews on the Electrolux DLX2000.

http://www.amazon.com/Electrolux-DX200-GY-Metallic-Stand-Mixer/product-reviews/B0000DDWAD/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Hope this helps in your decision. Happy Holidays!

tchrmom Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 4:00pm
post #13 of 14

My KA pro600 does 1 1/2 NFSC with no problem. I have not been brave enough to try a double-- haven't wanted the potential mess.

toleshed Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 11:51pm
post #14 of 14

I also have the "meringue" Pro 600. I just figure I'll have to have new appliances in that same color. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%