Need Help From You Creative Geniuses

Decorating By mim1106 Updated 3 Dec 2009 , 3:40pm by mim1106

mim1106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mim1106 Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 1:15pm
post #1 of 4

Ok, guys, I need your help. I only do cakes for friends and family. I am going to be doing my husband's friend's retirement cake. He has over 20 years in the Air Force as a Security Forces member. They always have boring "Happy Retirement" or "Good Luck" sheetcakes at these ceremonies and I want him to walk in and say, WOW! I just don't know what to make. I would like to incorporate the Security Forces aspect, but don't know how. I was thinking of having a little cop and cop car, but if you've seen my pics, you know I don't have the best ppl modeling skills, LOL. I do have until February to practice, though. I'd love opinions from you guys with creative minds that sketch out cakes for ppl who tell you what their hobbies/fav colors are and you come out with brilliant cakes. Thanks for your help!
(And so we don't start a debate No, they are not paying me for this cake. I just make practice cakes with different flavors all the time and this guy gets them b/c he LOVES cake.)

3 replies
all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 1:40pm
post #2 of 4

http://www.combatindex.com/insignia/airforce/graphics/badges/security_forces.jpg

I googled usafsf and came up with some badges that would be really awesome in 3D! aaaaaaaaaaaaaand no people modeling involved...

luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 6:28am
post #3 of 4

How about a carved airplane cake with a security badge logo on the side of the plane - your photo album shows you have the skills - go for iticon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

mim1106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mim1106 Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 3:40pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the ideas,guys! I am going to start practicing different things this weekend. I like the plane idea...we have F15's here, so maybe one of those. I don't know. How about a cop car next to an F15, ugh, so not good at coming up with designs!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%