Polka Dots And Bows?

Decorating By Pickulz Updated 2 Dec 2009 , 9:39pm by cylstrial

Pickulz Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 8:31am
post #1 of 8

I have to make a cake for a friends birthday next week...and i was thinking of making a simple round cake with polka dots and bows...however ive never done either...

I wanted to make a BC covered cake...and im guessing the polka dots i can make with fondant cutouts...and will use fondant for the bow as well...
but i wanted to ask...is there any good tuturial you like for bows? I wanted to make a pretty full bow..with lots of loops..just to give it a full look.
Any colour combos you like..or if you have any reccomendations for this please let me know...im still fairly new to ckae decorating...

im looking thru the galleries for some cake pics with bows....but if you have any saved ones that u love can you post the link...i have carpal tunnel that is acting up today and i cant sit at the pc for very long!!

thanks!

7 replies
HannahLass Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 8:54am
post #2 of 8

Hi I'm pretty sure Tonedna has a tutorial for them on youtube. Just type in fondant bows or tonedna and see what comes up. x

JanH Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 9:05am
post #3 of 8

How to make fondant loop bow article:

HTH

Pickulz Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 9:38am
post #4 of 8

WOW!!!
Thanks!!!

JanH Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 10:53am
post #5 of 8

You're very welcome. icon_biggrin.gif

DianeLM Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 3:11pm
post #6 of 8

My instructions for making loopy bows is in my signature below. icon_smile.gif

sugarlicious Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 4:08pm
post #7 of 8

I am hoping this link will work http://www.theredhotkitchen.com/PackageBowInstructions.html this is a great tutorial for loopy package bows icon_biggrin.gif

cylstrial Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 9:39pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarlicious

I am hoping this link will work http://www.theredhotkitchen.com/PackageBowInstructions.html this is a great tutorial for loopy package bows icon_biggrin.gif

I forgot about that tutorial! Thanks for reminding me! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%