Coupon's Michaels Vs Joanns

Decorating By Maydo Updated 2 Dec 2009 , 5:49pm by JustToEatCake

Maydo Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 6:36am
post #1 of 9

I was reading some posts about Michael's coupons and just wanted to share these little secrets:
Both stores take each others coupons. Smart move since they both carry Wilton , etc.
Also: As you may know, on the bottom of the Michael's coupons in the newspaper, it says they can not go towards books or magazines. But, guess what- the JoAnn's ones ( used at Michael's) CAN BE!!!!
I always shop with my family and make no apologies that we ecah carry a coupon.
I'm sure you know this but: To get a JoAnn's coupon you need to subscribe via snail mail. You can get endless Michael's coupons online. Even my husband has an account.

8 replies
Rylan Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 6:48am
post #2 of 9

Really? That is so neat! I never knew this. Thanks for sharing.

ladyellam Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 6:51am
post #3 of 9

I also get JoAnn coupons online as well as snail mail so I actually get twice as many coupons! Plus online you usually get a lot more 50% off ones. I made my husband sign up as well.

Sometimes, though Michael's will not accept JoAnn's coupons. It all depends on the store.

JenniferMI Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 1:03pm
post #4 of 9

Thanks for sharing that!

Jen icon_smile.gif

nicholle Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 1:20pm
post #5 of 9

did you all also know that you can use michaels coupons on the clearance stuff at michaels. Since it is the new sticker price the registers accept it.

bonniebakes Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 1:21pm
post #6 of 9

also, Joann's will let you use a michael's coupon on books/magazines, even though the michael's coupon isn't supposed to be on books or magazines.

jodibug0975 Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 1:47pm
post #7 of 9

I tried this at the Michael's store in Columbia MO a couple of weeks ago and they would NOT let me use the JoAnn's coupon on a Wilton book.

Maydo Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 4:52pm
post #8 of 9

The person at the register is the gatekeeper of to what degree you can use the coupons. I get to know them by face and judge what I buy on that.
I will say this, one time the checker told me her manger gave everyone the OK to use the JA on books.
Oh, our JA will not accept the Michael's coupons that are printed from the register when you make a purchace. They are also not accepting the online ones. Only the newspaper ones.
Also, they will only accept each others for things that they carry. For example: JA will not accept M's for fabric, since you can't get fabric at M.
Finally: you may want to allow yourself extra time. If the checker is new, they won't know how to use the coupons and they have to call for help.
Good luck.
I appreciate the comments from others to hear you success/failures. Thanks.

JustToEatCake Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 5:49pm
post #9 of 9

I'm going to try that with a book. Also since it hasn't aleady been mentioned ACMOORE takes all competitors coupons too. And Michaels takes ACMOORE too, not sure about JA.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%