How Do I Make This ?

Decorating By Angie46 Updated 10 Dec 2009 , 1:17am by lecie

Angie46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angie46 Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 4:57am
post #1 of 5

Hi, Everyone
I have a cake I need to make and Im not sure of this technique! would anyone have any ideas on how this is done!! Im sure its fondant but other then that Im confused!!
Thank you so much!
LL

4 replies
lh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lh Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 5:13am
post #2 of 5

the blue parts look like fondant and everything else looks like it's painted. you could probably free hand this design

maimai16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maimai16 Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 8:06am
post #3 of 5

very nice cake, very elegant... i love it... and great technique... i'm guessing here... the blue fondant are cut outs... then the lines are just lines... like embossing it... just like making the diamond patterns on princess cakes, not sure how you call them... if i'm going to make this cake, i'll print some stencils the size i like them to be. then cut the fondant and circles of course using circle cutters with little size difference. 'glue' the fondant cut-outs. and lastly, embossing or making lines the way just like the ones in this cake... then apply some luster dust or silver dusts to highlight the patterns... actually some parts of the 'blue' fondant cutouts i think are painted w/ silver dusts. well, it is just me... thats how i can do that cake. hope it make sense.... good luck on that one... hope you could post your finished cake =)

Angie46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angie46 Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 6:08pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks so much for your help!!! wish me luck, on this one !!!!

lecie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecie Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 1:17am
post #5 of 5

This is truly a beautiful cake. Are you going to make the same cake or similar? I know you will do awesome job and good luck by the way

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%