Very Off Topic...internet Browsers....what Do You Use?

Lounge By aej6 Updated 7 Dec 2009 , 1:41am by Rose_N_Crantz

aej6 Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 2:40am
post #1 of 13

I've always used IE and just downloaded Firefox...is it OK to remove IE? I'm nervous about doing so, can you tell?
Thoughts?

12 replies
mkolmar Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 2:49am
post #2 of 13

I still have both on my computer, but almost always use Firefox.

JodieF Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 3:00am
post #3 of 13

I only use Firefox but still have IE. You'll need IE to do Windows Updates. You don't want to stop doing those! Occasionally I run into a video or something that won't work on Firefox so I'll use IE then. I love the Adblock and Flashblock plugins on Firefox.

Jodie

sherrycanary62 Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 3:14am
post #4 of 13

We have and use both IE and Mozilla Firefox... We just had a conversation in my house the other day and I think that my techno geek son told me that you CANNOT uninstall IE...you can delete the icon off the desktop but you cannot actually remove the program from your computer.

aej6 Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 3:22am
post #5 of 13

Thanks so much for the info!!

CakeForte Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 5:08am
post #6 of 13

Firefox and Google Chrome ...which are pretty much the same since google fronted the money for firefox.

chelleb1974 Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 6:58pm
post #7 of 13

I have both IE and Firefox, but only use Firefox unless it's absolutely required to use IE (as a PP said for Windows Updates). I switched to Firefox on my old laptop because IE bogged it down too much. A friend's techi husband told me that Firefox uses less resources that IE and would not slow the computer down as much.

~Chelle

peg818 Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 7:15pm
post #8 of 13

firefox here, its what my son put on, i have only come across one or two sites that didn't work properly with firefox, then i just switch to IE for those things.

sadsmile Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 8:43pm
post #9 of 13

I have IE, Google and FireFox. I have made desktop shortcuts for them and click on the one I want depending on what I am doing. no need to dump any of them.

G_Cakes Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 12:54am
post #10 of 13

I have both on my computer but only use firefox, it is much faster to load and I find I have less problems with it than IE

cylstrial Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 1:01am
post #11 of 13

We use Firefox for sure!

s_barnes76 Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 2:18am
post #12 of 13

I have three...AOL (lousy), IE, and Firefox. Firefox is by far the best I have ever used. I don't see the need to uninstall IE, as a matter of fact, you may end up doing more harm than good. I uninstalled something I thought was minor (years ago before I was computer savvy icon_wink.gif ) and ended up having to reinstall Windows....talk about a PITA. That's 3 hours of my life I will never get back icon_biggrin.gif

Rose_N_Crantz Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 1:41am
post #13 of 13

I use Safari. I like it pretty well. I've used firefox mostly in the past.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%