Chocolate Transfer - Help!

Decorating By cakecitycakes Updated 2 Dec 2009 , 1:10pm by PattyT

cakecitycakes Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 1:06am
post #1 of 7

Hi all,
I checked through the tutorials posted and am still looking for a more information on how to execute a chocolate transfer. I've bought some of the white chocolate melts from Wilton and have parchment squares but I am hoping for some more tips on colouring the chocolate? and a step by step guide of what to do.
Any help would be greatly (so greatly!) appreciated.
Yours cakingly!!
Nicole

6 replies
snoopy3 Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 1:19am
post #2 of 7

Hello..

The Whimsical Bakehouse book explains chocolate transfers really good. You can look at there website also, www.whimsicalbakehouse.com under the decorate tab. You take chocolate candy melts, melt in the microwave and color with oil based colors how you wish. It is the same concept as a frozen buttercream transfer. You can put a picture under a piece of wax paper, and then trace. Start with the outline and then fill in. I just use a parchment bags, or make my own out of celophane and cut a small tip in the end. Once it is dry (10 minutes or so) you flip it over and there you have it. I also microwave it in the bag because it will harden. HTH, let me know if you have any more questions. I have done a lot with chocolate transfers, look in my pictures and you will see icon_smile.gif

PJ37 Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 1:45am
post #3 of 7

I love the transfers. You can use the chocolate brown melts with just a little bit of black to do outline work...then you don't need to use so much black color. HTH.

JenniferMI Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 1:51am
post #4 of 7

Flo-coat is WONDERFUL for coloring chocolate with your Americolors or any other gel. If you want more info, just PM me, I'm happy to help.

Jen icon_smile.gif

PJ37 Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 1:58am
post #5 of 7

Another thought, I have basic colors of the "melts" (white, red, green, blue, yellow)...and then mix these according to the colors I want. If I don't have the color I need, I use the white and gel colors. Although this may make the chocolate "seize", I have found that it can quickly be remedied by adding just a little Crisco (or oil). This hardens just as well as the regular melts without color.

cakecitycakes Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 12:07pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks for all the help and the transfer I'll be trying is the logo for the Beatles in white (thankfully) but I'll do the black outline to give it some definition. I guess with doing the letters they need to be somewhat attached to each other? Otherwise it'll fall apart? I'll keep you all posted as to how it goes.
I get the best help on CC, thanks again!

PattyT Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 1:10pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakecitycakes

Thanks for all the help and the transfer I'll be trying is the logo for the Beatles in white (thankfully) but I'll do the black outline to give it some definition. I guess with doing the letters they need to be somewhat attached to each other? Otherwise it'll fall apart? I'll keep you all posted as to how it goes.
I get the best help on CC, thanks again!

I think just the lettering alone will be too fragile to hold together. You should fill in the back - kind of like a plaque. Trace the outline of the lettering, let dry a bit, then fill/flood around and over the letters. Let dry and peel off.

You probably already know, but don't forget to print the logo as a "mirror" image. I've done lots of transfers, and still sometimes forget - thankfully with a picture that didn't matter.

Have fun. Once you get the hang of them, they're fun and very effective.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%