My Pity Party (Long)

Lounge By Texas_Rose Updated 3 Dec 2009 , 4:44am by LaBellaFlor

Texas_Rose Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 10:31pm
post #1 of 15

I'm not having a good day. It's cold and rainy here (cold here is about 50 degrees but still) and the metal in my leg doesn't like cold or rain on their own, but together it's pretty terrible.

I went to pick up my daughter. When it rains, they don't let them out, instead they keep them in a classroom and let one out the side door at a time. So I had to walk further than usual and when I got there, she wasn't there. I stood and waited about 15 minutes and then they told me she might have been sent to the front. Other kids were still coming out the side door. I went to the front anyhow and one of the teachers who I do not like (she was mean to Val in kindergarten) said that they always send the kids to the front when it rains and I should know by now. I told her every other time it's rained for the last three years they've sent her out the door on the side, and I just wanted to go home and put my foot up to rest, so where's my kid? They had sent her over to the side door after I told the teachers there that I would look for her in the front. They have radios, why don't they use them?

And my second problem...my kitchen sink was backing up last week. They fixed it and now it is draining into the kitchen wall, onto the kitchen floor and out onto the front walkway. You would think that a leak that was turning the drywall into mush would be a priority, but it's not. This is the second day I've waited all day for them to come fix it. Now I have to go out in the cold and rain to ask why they haven't fixed it. And I'm trying not to use my sink because I don't want the wall to get so wet that it bursts because I know they will never fix that and I don't want a big hole in the wall.

14 replies
peg818 Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 10:47pm
post #2 of 15

well, first sorry your hurting, but be glad its only 50 degrees, here thats still shorts weather.

As far as the teachers at school maybe they were having a bad day too, since kids can be a hand full when they are stuck inside.

As far as the water, why don't you shut the water off to the kitchen until it can be fixed properly, i know it would be a pain in the butt to have to do dishes and get any water you need from the bathroom, but at least you wouldn't have to deal with fixing a wall and the mold mess that can be left after a water leak like that.

Here's to hoping that tomorrow is a better day

cylstrial Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 10:58pm
post #3 of 15

Awww....poor thing!

I hope you get some rest and that your leg feels better. And I also hope that they hurry and fix your water problem!

Keep your chin up!

Texas_Rose Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 11:03pm
post #4 of 15

I just went outside and waited for one of the maintenence men to walk past, then asked him to come look at the leak. He came in and looked at the piece of pipe that goes into the floor and while he was looking at it, it fell off in his hand. So he's going to write up a work order and then come fix it tomorrow. In the meantime as long as I don't use the sink or dishwasher the kitchen should survive.

We're having Sonic for dinner tonight...it's half off hamburger nite and they make better burgers than I can for that price icon_biggrin.gif

LaBellaFlor Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 1:23am
post #5 of 15

Sonic is always a great silver lining in that cloud! icon_biggrin.gif

costumeczar Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 2:28am
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

I just went outside and waited for one of the maintenence men to walk past, then asked him to come look at the leak. He came in and looked at the piece of pipe that goes into the floor and while he was looking at it, it fell off in his hand. So he's going to write up a work order and then come fix it tomorrow.

Don't you love it when the repairmen actually ecperience the thing that's been bothering you? Half the time it seems like the problem stops when they walk in the door, then you look paranoid. One of my old roommamtes once said that the oven was shocking him, but it didn't happen to anyone else, so we thought he was crazy. He got the repairman to come and look at it, and I walked in to see him all happy because the oven had shocked the guy! icon_lol.gif

three_sets_of_twins Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 4:58am
post #7 of 15

I'm sorry Texas Rose! Trust me Ive had my fair share of bad days too! Big hugs!

Texas_Rose Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 6:14pm
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Don't you love it when the repairmen actually ecperience the thing that's been bothering you? Half the time it seems like the problem stops when they walk in the door, then you look paranoid.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Around here, the problem never stops when the maintenance man shows up, but at least 50% of the time they don't know how to fix it either. So they stand there, look puzzled, mutter about stuff, and bring the other two maintenance men in to brainstorm it. Then they say they need to order parts and just duck and run when you see them in the parking lot.

I can fix basic things myself...I can fix anything on the toilet, except for when it doesn't flush right because the building leans too much for the water to swirl in the bowl. I can unclog bathroom sinks and shower drains and air conditioner lines. I can fix the garbage disposal and replace light switches or outlets that don't work. I can adjust the front door when the building shifts and it no longer closes. I can replace appliance gaskets and put weatherstripping around the door so you can't see the sun shining through the gap in the doorframe. I didn't know how to do any of this stuff when I moved in here. Seven years in apartment hell will do that to a person icon_biggrin.gif

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 9:19pm
post #9 of 15

Aw man Rose, Sorry you are having such a hard time. I just want to know what the cake is going to look like? You know, the one you have to make for them to fix the problem. LOL sorry, I had to go there. Now smile and hug your kid.

Texas_Rose Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 9:36pm
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBoos-8599_

Aw man Rose, Sorry you are having such a hard time. I just want to know what the cake is going to look like? You know, the one you have to make for them to fix the problem. LOL sorry, I had to go there. Now smile and hug your kid.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Those people don't work here anymore, any of them. So there's no extortion cakes but there's also no repair happening either.

But I am using it as an excuse not to cook dinner...can't do dishes, can't cook. Soon hubby will figure out how to fix it himself.

Texas_Rose Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 9:42pm
post #11 of 15

HAHA...I spoke too soon. Now one of them is out there taking apart the outside wall. I only hope they know how to put it together again.

sadsmile Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 11:57pm
post #12 of 15

That sounds like some real fun there! Sheesh! Next one who walks in the door gets his ankle shackled to the drain till it's fixed. And maybe he should endure some Chinese water torture too!

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 2:13am
post #13 of 15

You better hope they did not pass the info on to the new people. Hope it all turns out.

Texas_Rose Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 3:05am
post #14 of 15

Three more months here, then we can move...we were supposed to move out this past April but I broke my leg in February and we weren't up to moving. Then the pipes burst and we had to move into the apartment next to ours and somehow we ended up with another year lease...I don't remember exactly how, I don't remember the whole month after I broke my leg.

Anyhow, three months and we're out of here.

LaBellaFlor Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 4:44am
post #15 of 15

Dang Texas_Rose with all the things you can fix, I need you to come to my house! For some reason, I really suck at weather stripping. I'm happy for you that you will be moving soon.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%