Freezing Cake Covered In Fondant-Different Question, Though.

Decorating By cakesrock Updated 5 Dec 2009 , 10:07pm by The_Lil_Cakehouse

cakesrock Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 2:07pm
post #1 of 5

Hi,
I know there's been a lot of questions about freezing fondant covered cakes. And I've read that it's okay if you put a fondant decorated cake in a cake box (cardboard, I assume) and cover with 3 garbage bags, taking out the air.

My question is...what about puttting it in a plastic container (Walmart brand) ?? as I would not put a cake in a flimsy cardboard box in my apt sized freezer . With so little space (and the need to pile things on top)and with everyone digging in there to get stuff, it's bound to get damaged.

I have a very large plastic container I got at Walmart. Is this okay to use? And do I wrap that container in garbage bags ? Or do I freeze the cake, then wrap the cake in saran and place it in the container?

Lastly, how do I thaw? In the fridge? On counter? Unwrap first? How far in advance?

I would sure appreciate the advice on this!
TIA icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
Charmed Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 10:24pm
post #2 of 5

Here is an article for storing fondant. just scroll down to STORAGE:
http://www.baking911.com/decorating/cakes_fondant.htm

The_Lil_Cakehouse Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 1:46am
post #3 of 5

what is this website? its not showing the whole thing and it wont open fo me...

ceshell Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 7:42am
post #4 of 5

in between the two dots where you see www. .com, you should type in the following:

ba*king*911.com

however REMOVE THE ASTERISKS

that website does not allow CC to link directly to its content, so if you type its url anywhere on CC, the ba*king*911.com part is automatically erased. Thus, you have to type the site's name in manually.

hope this helps!

The_Lil_Cakehouse Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 10:07pm
post #5 of 5

THanks!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%