How Much For 200 People??? Need Advice

Decorating By mamabakes2008 Updated 1 Dec 2009 , 3:13pm by mrsmudrash

mamabakes2008 Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 12:56pm
post #1 of 5

I've been asked by my aunt to provide desserts enough to feed 200 people! I've never ever done even close to this many desserts. My aunt wants cookies, petit fours and cakes and whatever else I think of although I am hoping to talk her into cupcakes instead of petit fours. She is unsure how many pieces she wants total. Its for a holiday party where other hourdourves will be served. How much should I plan for? Is 100 servings of each too much or too little?

4 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 1:19pm
post #2 of 5

My first question is are you being paid for any of this???? If not..I would hope you get at least the ingredients paid for..Petit fours take a tremendous amount of time so I would maybe do something easier....

leah_s Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 1:42pm
post #3 of 5

100 of each is probably about right. The petit fours should be at least $6 EACH. If you take the order, you'll find out why.

mamabakes2008 Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 1:54pm
post #4 of 5

She is paying for ingredients. I am really going to try to talk her into cupcakes instead of petit fours. So 100 servings of each sounds good?

mrsmudrash Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 3:13pm
post #5 of 5

I would just tell her you don't have the time for petit fours or even mini cakes...that cupcakes, cookies, fudge, larger cakes etc would be fine. Yes, petit fours are very time, be good to yourself and don't overwhelm yourself - say no...and yes to things you are confident in are doing her a favor afterall! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%