Cake Nightmare

Lounge By karateka Updated 1 Dec 2009 , 6:03pm by karateka

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 12:44pm
post #1 of 5

Nope. Not posting in the wrong forum. I actually did have a nightmare about cake last night.

I'm sitting with a group of ladies, one of whom is a coworker who ordered her daughter's wedding cake from me.

I don't remember the specifics of why we are all sitting there, looking at cakes, but I recall that someone is talking about ordering cakes from the woman whose pics we are looking at. I hinted that they could order from me (none too subtly) and there is dead silence (crickets chirping...)

I come right out and say that I do cakes. The coworker lady says, "Yeah, if we have a birthday or something like that we might order from you." I say that I do weddings, too, and she tells me that nobody would order an important cake from me. I look at her and she says that my cakes aren't nice enough for important occasions.

I tossed and turned a lot the rest of the night. Maybe I need some good drugs. icon_lol.gif

4 replies
KristyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristyCakes Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 1:53pm
post #2 of 5

Sounds like someone had a weirdo late night snack! icon_smile.gif Your work is fab!

karateka Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 2:08pm
post #3 of 5

I know, right?? I guess it was those grits with chipotle peppers. icon_rolleyes.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 5:57pm
post #4 of 5

Sometimes dreams can seem so real and you can get so upset in the middle of them. But the good news is that you wake up and realize it was a dream. Your cakes are gorgeous! No one would ever even think thank about you or your cakes.

karateka Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 6:03pm
post #5 of 5

Isn't that odd how they can upset you so much? And the lady who said that in the dream HAS ordered a wedding cake from me, and was thrilled with it.

I would love to study dreams someday....If I understood what they all meant I could get wealthy, couldn't I?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%